Do you shave your bully's whiskers:

Do you shave your bully's whiskers?

• Total voters
L

Lucy-licious

Well I have heard it all now! Shaving whiskers?? What's all that about?
I can understand some alterations in the name of perfection for the show circuit but all dogs have whiskers.
Is this something just specific to Bulldogs or all breeds I wonder?
I'm gonna go check the Crufts bulldog entries for this year I wonder if they are whiskerless too :eek:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When I first read the title of the thread I thought, people do that? Then I read more and now I understand because they do it when showing but I still wonder what the purpose of that is. I don't do it to Samson, he has been shaved in certain areas 3 times though but for his 3 surgeries.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Yes. I take Bruno's whiskers off..... Ever since his first photoshoot it was required.
I personally like the look also. They look a lot nicer clean shaved.
They are not cats so they don't need them.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wwwwhhhhaaattt ............. :confused::eek::crazy::down:

Totally ridiculous ........

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Whiskers do indeed serve a purpose. They are a trigger to close eyes when running through bushes etc..

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] haha nooo . not through a bush anyhow, i just know thats the purpose for hounds and stuff haha

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION] yes I was serious lol. Is this not true? Or am I a fool..lol I had heard this years ago and I know whenever I used to touch my labs whiskers he would close his eyes to protect them. He was 18 years old and was blind.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
no lady shaving for her,i like my whiskers lol so like hers too,though i dont think mine help me when i run through bushes lol ,karen

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You know those ads that we get in the middle of the page here? I just got one for Laser Hair Removal..... ROFLMLBO!!!!!!!!! How'd they know? :LMAO::faint::faint::whut:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
If I remember correctly I am pretty sure Cutty's were shaved when we bought him but of course we never kept that up but we also arent into showing either. I dont know the reason to why they do it tho.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online