my English bulldog just got his whole tail amputated today

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
hi my sweet winston got his tail amputated today. does anyone have any tips to help him, of course the vet sent him home with lots of pain meds and antibiotics. But he still wants to spin on the carpet ( which I know he canā€™t bc of the stitches ) but how can I help him with the discomfort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can ask a sensitive question. How much was it to remove the tail. I am picking up a baby bulldog on Thursday, from the pictures it looks like it might need to be amputated, but I could get there and be wrong and it will be fine. But want to be prepared.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
If I can ask a sensitive question. How much was it to remove the tail. I am picking up a baby bulldog on Thursday, from the pictures it looks like it might need to be amputated, but I could get there and be wrong and it will be fine. But want to be prepared.

I am very curious as to why you think your puppy may need a tail amputation? That is only usually done for a medical reason, e.g. continuing severe tail pocket infections or inverted screw tail. It is not done for cosmetic reasons. In my opinion only, I think it is way too early to be concerned about amputation.

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
I am very curious as to why you think your puppy may need a tail amputation? That is only usually done for a medical reason, e.g. continuing severe tail pocket infections or inverted screw tail. It is not done for cosmetic reasons. In my opinion only, I think it is way too early to be concerned about amputation.

If you read my post I said I could be wrong. I have talked to the last and she said it was tight etc. just trying to be prepared so I donā€™t go into everything with no knowledge of it.. So I didnā€™t ask for your opinion. And once again why I never come on here anymore.

I posted the other day I was going to get another bulldog and someone has some stupid comment to say about that as well.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
If you read my post I said I could be wrong. I have talked to the last and she said it was tight etc. just trying to be prepared so I donā€™t go into everything with no knowledge of it.. So I didnā€™t ask for your opinion. And once again why I never come on here anymore.

I posted the other day I was going to get another bulldog and someone has some stupid comment to say about that as well.

I did not mean to offend and I apologize for that. As I said I was curious about why, in a young puppy. I will say however that a lot of people come on here for opinions, me included and often get them whether asked for or not. It is the nature of a forum.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online