Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my English bulldog just got his whole tail amputated today

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Snow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: my English bulldog just got his whole tail amputated today

Interesting!! A can of sardines, like regular ones from the grocery store full fish looking?! I've NEVER seen a can of sardines in person.....lol
    [SIGPIC]
    Coco is now an older lady. I originally uploaded photos from her at 5 months but now she is a little over 7 and a half!

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by midatlanticpower View Post
    Interesting!! A can of sardines, like regular ones from the grocery store full fish looking?! I've NEVER seen a can of sardines in person.....lol
    Yes make sure it’s in water n low sodium. Also check if it’s not from Asian waters. Full of mercury. Should be in the tuna section.

I don’t give it once a week because my dogs eats a raw diet. I just use it as a snack once in a while. But if it’s kibbles do as the link suggest.

-183cae99-44f8-48ac-909d-8f0747378354-jpeg

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by midatlanticpower View Post
    Helene has you covered.

As for the tail amputation I would ask why at this stage I would probably look to drop her wait maybe 5 to 8 pounds if possible if you could post a picture of her from above so we can see her waist line if you lessen her weight that may help with some of the issues as well as using the essential oilís

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlucas1 View Post
    hi my sweet winston got his tail amputated today. does anyone have any tips to help him, of course the vet sent him home with lots of pain meds and antibiotics. But he still wants to spin on the carpet ( which I know he canít bc of the stitches ) but how can I help him with the discomfort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I can ask a sensitive question. How much was it to remove the tail. I am picking up a baby bulldog on Thursday, from the pictures it looks like it might need to be amputated, but I could get there and be wrong and it will be fine. But want to be prepared.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlie View Post
    If I can ask a sensitive question. How much was it to remove the tail. I am picking up a baby bulldog on Thursday, from the pictures it looks like it might need to be amputated, but I could get there and be wrong and it will be fine. But want to be prepared.
    I am very curious as to why you think your puppy may need a tail amputation? That is only usually done for a medical reason, e.g. continuing severe tail pocket infections or inverted screw tail. It is not done for cosmetic reasons. In my opinion only, I think it is way too early to be concerned about amputation.

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    I am very curious as to why you think your puppy may need a tail amputation? That is only usually done for a medical reason, e.g. continuing severe tail pocket infections or inverted screw tail. It is not done for cosmetic reasons. In my opinion only, I think it is way too early to be concerned about amputation.
    If you read my post I said I could be wrong. I have talked to the last and she said it was tight etc. just trying to be prepared so I don’t go into everything with no knowledge of it.. So I didn’t ask for your opinion. And once again why I never come on here anymore.

I posted the other day I was going to get another bulldog and someone has some stupid comment to say about that as well.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlie View Post
    If you read my post I said I could be wrong. I have talked to the last and she said it was tight etc. just trying to be prepared so I don’t go into everything with no knowledge of it.. So I didn’t ask for your opinion. And once again why I never come on here anymore.

I posted the other day I was going to get another bulldog and someone has some stupid comment to say about that as well.
    I did not mean to offend and I apologize for that. As I said I was curious about why, in a young puppy. I will say however that a lot of people come on here for opinions, me included and often get them whether asked for or not. It is the nature of a forum.

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

11. Likes 2BullyMama, Manydogs liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads