Countries that accept bulldogs as immigrants ?

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Hi folks,
I might be emigrating soon, and i want to know which countries accept bulldogs who emigrate with their owners. The company i called to relocate my pets said that they have to check if bulldogs will be allowed to the country of my choice.

I don't want to give the destination, but it would be great if someone can provide a list of which countries would allow bulldogs.

Thanks in advance

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
In Ontario where I live new pitbulls are banned, and grandfathered pitbulls must be muzzled and leashed in public. I don't think English bulldogs and Olde English bulldogges are banned anywhere in the world, although I could be wrong. Breeds that look like pitbulls are often banned, eg. American bulldog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Quick google search gave me this list https://petolog.com/articles/banned-dogs.html

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thank you :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In Ontario where I live new pitbulls are banned, and grandfathered pitbulls must be muzzled and leashed in public. I don't think English bulldogs and Olde English bulldogges are banned anywhere in the world, although I could be wrong. Breeds that look like pitbulls are often banned, eg. American bulldog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Quick google search gave me this list https://petolog.com/articles/banned-dogs.html

Good luck on your move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I have never heard that pure-bred English Bulldogs would be banned anywhere but importing dogs can involve issues that are not related to breed. Different countries have different rules, I guess, although in Europe, EU-countries probably have similar regulations. My advice would be to contact the national board of agriculture (or similar) of the country you are relocating to and ask them what is demanded (vaccinations, microchip, etc.).

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thank you all. It seems a lot of airlines don't fly bulldogs anymore because they had a lot of deaths due to breathing problems. If i cannot take them with, my heart will shatter into a thousand pieces :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all. It seems a lot of airlines don't fly bulldogs anymore because they had a lot of deaths due to breathing problems. If i cannot take them with, my heart will shatter into a thousand pieces :(

Look in to Lithuania.. I think I remember a member flying that airline.

And , we recently had a member move from US to SA with her baby . [MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thank you very much :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
No problem.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank

The only company that will fly bulldogs worldwide is German LUFTHANSA God bless them. We flew our bulldog from China to USA and USA to South Africa and they did amazing job. THe only thing is time of the year to consider - they don’t fly bulldogs when temperatures exceed 27 C, so you have to plan to n advance. But it just means that you have may be send them before time or after you fly yourself. All these questions you can get help from pet relocation agents.

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thank you very much, Lalaloopsie. I really appreciate your input.

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
I realize this is an old thread, but I'd love to know if the doggie got to move to
the new country!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.