What is your daily maintenance regimen for your bully?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Mine ( for 30 pound french bulldog )
1) Clean wrinkle that eye drains into every 2 days with 3 round cosmetic pads, 1rst with a dab of ketohex shampoo, 2nd with water, 3rd to dry it up
2) Fill ears up weekly with EcoEars (from Amazon) and let her shake it out.
3) Clean ears daily with some liquid on a cosmetic round ( liquid is a mixture of 5 drops oil of cloves,5 drops tea tree oil in 60 ml witch hazel) .
4) Marrow bone once a week for her to chew on and clean teeth
5) Wipe paws when coming in from outside with unscented baby wipe. Clean bum with unscented baby wipe after poo.
6)Dog has glaucoma- glaucoma drops and Hydrasense gel drops twice daily

Food:
1) 1/3 cup frozen raw twice daily
2) 1/8 tsp sea kelp twice daily, 1000mg flax seed oil or 5ml hemp seed oil once daily, 1/4 tsp Actiflex-4000 twice daily
3) 1000 mg fish oil or 3-4 frozen sprat daily
4) Vitamin E 400IU once weekly if giving fish oil

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just bought EcoEars to see the difference with my mix. Works just as good. I make my own cause down the road a lot cheaper. But for the ones that donā€™t want to play with essential oils, yes good product. I will be adding a few drops of frankincense n lavender into the EcoEars I bought.

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I just bought EcoEars to see the difference with my mix. Works just as good. I make my own cause down the road a lot cheaper. But for the ones that donā€™t want to play with essential oils, yes good product. I will be adding a few drops of frankincense n lavender into the EcoEars I bought.

It's meant for ears but are you also trying EcoEars on tail pocket?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It's meant for ears but are you also trying EcoEars on tail pocket?

No only Dukeā€™s one ear that Nyala grabbed hard n chewed. It flamed up fast n I immediately put couple drops of lavender on cotton ball to calm it down. Redness went away after a couple days so I stopped. A few days later I noticed he was scratching that same ear. I looked inside was very waxy n yeasty. What she did must of trigger other issues. I started him on her tail pocket mix as itā€™s the same I use for their ear maintenance. Ordered that EcoEars n been only a few days now Iā€™ve been using it on him. Nyalaā€™s tail pocket I can safely say I now clean it only every 2 months. Remember I use to do clean it every 2-3 days for a whole year. Then a week, then 2 weeks now 2 months!! Whooohooo... I love that mix. I swear by it. I simply wanted to try the EcoEar cause I was curious. Itā€™s basically only good for maintenance. I doubt very much it will cure a ear infection. Unless you add other essential oils to the bottle. But yes maintenance on regular basis I would give it a green light. I would also use it for a tail pocket but again add other oils in it. Still prefer my mix though.

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
No only Dukeā€™s one ear that Nyala grabbed hard n chewed. It flamed up fast n I immediately put couple drops of lavender on cotton ball to calm it down. Redness went away after a couple days so I stopped. A few days later I noticed he was scratching that same ear. I looked inside was very waxy n yeasty. What she did must of trigger other issues. I started him on her tail pocket mix as itā€™s the same I use for their ear maintenance. Ordered that EcoEars n been only a few days now Iā€™ve been using it on him. Nyalaā€™s tail pocket I can safely say I now clean it only every 2 months. Remember I use to do clean it every 2-3 days for a whole year. Then a week, then 2 weeks now 2 months!! Whooohooo... I love that mix. I swear by it. I simply wanted to try the EcoEar cause I was curious. Itā€™s basically only good for maintenance. I doubt very much it will cure a ear infection. Unless you add other essential oils to the bottle. But yes maintenance on regular basis I would give it a green light. I would also use it for a tail pocket but again add other oils in it. Still prefer my mix though.

Honey had a really smelly ear, that you could smell from far way, but not a lot of discharge, so I'm not sure how bad the infection was, and the EcoEars cured that when I used it every day for 2 weeks, and then once a week maintenance after that. I made my own colloidal silver solution and it didn't work.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey had a really smelly ear, that you could smell from far way, but not a lot of discharge, so I'm not sure how bad the infection was, and the EcoEars cured that when I used it every day for 2 weeks, and then once a week maintenance after that. I made my own colloidal silver solution and it didn't work.

It does have good ingredients. I just find it needs a few drops of a couple EO like lavender. But thatā€™s me. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
For both my guys..

Daily:
Ears are checked and cleaned if needed
Paws are wiped when coming in from outside
Face is wiped and folds cleaned with witch hazel after each meal

Weekly
Ear cleaning with witch hazel on a cotton pad, add medicated drops for Lambeau if allergies are acting up
Raw marrow bone once a week for treat and teeth cleaning

Monthly
nails are dremeled
laser session for fused vertebrae
brush with zoom-groom
Sentinel heartworm once a month
Parastatals flea/tick.. May through October only

Meals
raw feed twice a day
currently on rotation of rabbit, duck and tuna.
I add a mix I make of turmeric, pepper, coconut oil and raw local honey, small amount with each meal, like 1/4 teaspoon
raw goats milk... Cheli gets maybe two tablespoons, and Lambeau about 1/4 cup
They each get a Movoflex with morning meal for joints
Lambeau also gets vitamin D for his SFA
If allergies are acting up they each get Zyrtec

Baths are twice a year, end of spring and end of fall, unless they need it .

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Great regimen ! I forgot to mention I brush with zoom groom during change of seasons every few days, and give daily some steamed green beans or sometimes canned pumpkin to prevent constipation. I also cut nails every so often with a Miller Forge nail cutter. I used to use the diy dog wash at the local pet store, but bought a rubber hose to fit on my basement sink tap and wash her every couple of months in the basement sink. I apply K9 Advantix II flea and tick monthly from April-December, and if I'm washing her that month I'll apply it 48 hr after her bath. And of course oral Interceptor plus every 4-6 weeks for heartworm from June 1 to November 1.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great regimen ! I forgot to mention I brush with zoom groom during change of seasons every few days, and give daily some steamed green beans or sometimes canned pumpkin to prevent constipation. I also cut nails every so often with a Miller Forge nail cutter. I used to use the diy dog wash at the local pet store, but bought a rubber hose to fit on my basement sink tap and wash her every couple of months in the basement sink. I apply K9 Advantix II flea and tick monthly from April-December, and if I'm washing her that month I'll apply it 48 hr after her bath. And of course oral Interceptor plus every 4-6 weeks for heartworm from June 1 to November 1.

Iā€™ll have to edit my list... forgot the flea/tick and heart worm. Bath is twice a year or if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.