View Poll Results: How excited does your Bully get when people arrive at your house?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Not bothered, doesn't move

0 0%
  • Interested for a few minutes then back to sleep

1 9.09%
  • Gets very excited but calms down quite quickly.

4 36.36%
  • Goes completely crazy, mad, mental! with excitement and takes ages to calm down!

6 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How excited does your bulldog get?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How excited does your bulldog get?

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    That’s what I thought when you said he goes into a zone it won’t work. Now you know me I just say what I have to and again always up to the owner to decide what they find is best for their dog. I’ve worked with collars like them for years on my GS. When a dog over powers the e-collar and no matter what level shock you put it and like they’re not wearing one, basically the brain has escalated to a level that it won’t come down till you shake him out of the escalation with your voice n being in his face. Then you’ll see they will snap out of it within a few seconds. A dog needs to know the difference between any negative behaviour and the shock. Basically a shock doesn’t reward positive behaviour such as sitting patiently or obeying the command to stay with “a good boy” or treat. I’m telling you this so you can keep an eye out on the signs of a brain escalation cause he has already started over powering his shock collar. I’ve been there done it.
    We had that issue with Banks too... we had to REALLY focus on learning her triggers so we could get her with a vibration BEFORE she went into her zone. Triggers and timing is everything with these collars. @Cbrugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes Cbrugs, helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Monty is so good. He stands to the side while my dachshund goes berserk and then calmly leans on the visitor and waits for his rubs. Then he goes back to bed.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

4. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    so psychologically , what is up with this breed that strangers are the bomb? thats an honest question. I've had many breeds and they love their families way more than the stranger but not Hank. He's nuts for others. Though he has just taken a beautiful turn and usually keeps his feet on the ground and even bows a bit to be pet. really sweet but you can see how very much he'ed rather maul them.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing! We have had other breeds before and they have all enjoyed it when people have visited BUT Dudley goes so crazy every time! At least I know it not just a “Dudley thing” now
    Check out our Fur Baby shop Lots of Bulldog gifts and hopefully lots more to come!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MyFurBabyShop

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    Uk
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    We had that issue with Banks too... we had to REALLY focus on learning her triggers so we could get her with a vibration BEFORE she went into her zone. Triggers and timing is everything with these collars. @Cbrugs

Can I ask what you mean when you say your Bully’s are “in the zone”? Are you talking about aggression triggers?
    Check out our Fur Baby shop Lots of Bulldog gifts and hopefully lots more to come!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MyFurBabyShop

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zedsded View Post
    Can I ask what you mean when you say your Bully’s are “in the zone”? Are you talking about aggression triggers?
    Once a dog (any dog) is over stimulated, it is referred to as ‘in the zone’ and it is more difficult to get them to respond to any commands.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

10. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dak
    Likes (Received)

Dak seems to get crazy after we come back from a walk. He starts running all over, attacks his toys and seeks a lot of attention. I'm trying to get him to learn "No".

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Newman, (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
    Dak seems to get crazy after we come back from a walk. He starts running all over, attacks his toys and seeks a lot of attention. I'm trying to get him to learn "No".
    When you walk into the house with him n since you already knows what he will be doing, keep his leash on n walk a few steps in the house. Don’t remove the leash just yet. As soon as you see he stares at a toy, immediately yank the leash with a FIRM NO. No conversations either. Don’t remove the leash till he calms down on his own.

When I walk my 2, I go through the back gate cause both, even though I walk 4-5km with them, they will have that last boost of energy to run free. So I wait a few seconds, then remove the leash n leave them go burn that extra boost of leftover energy they got in them. Only last like a minute or two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads