Poll: How does your bulldog get your attention?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 35 of 35

Thread: How does your bulldog get your attention?

  1. #25
    BullyWood Movie Star
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    3,019
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)
    4538

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    I depends on what she wants.
    If she wants me to play with her she'll put her (usually soaking wet toy, yuck) right on me and dare me to try and get it. No sound.
    If she wants me to get her toy from under the couch, end table or nightstand (for the 100th time) she makes the loud chewbaca sound until I get it.
    If she has to go potty unfortunately not a sound!!!! She'll go to the back door and sit quietly and if not noticed she'll poop right at the back door. She really seems to be potty trained as far as I am concerned since she does go to the back door. She has pooped there twice in the last 3-4 months. Now Just have to get her to alert me somehow. The others will come get me (almost like lassie lol) thought about hanging a bell but with four dogs I might be jingled out of my mind. lol

  2. Likes 2BullyMama, Krissie liked this post
  3. #26
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    8,353
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    9995

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hceril View Post
    I depends on what she wants.
    If she wants me to play with her she'll put her (usually soaking wet toy, yuck) right on me and dare me to try and get it. No sound.
    If she wants me to get her toy from under the couch, end table or nightstand (for the 100th time) she makes the loud chewbaca sound until I get it.
    If she has to go potty unfortunately not a sound!!!! She'll go to the back door and sit quietly and if not noticed she'll poop right at the back door. She really seems to be potty trained as far as I am concerned since she does go to the back door. She has pooped there twice in the last 3-4 months. Now Just have to get her to alert me somehow. The others will come get me (almost like lassie lol) thought about hanging a bell but with four dogs I might be jingled out of my mind. lol
    Duke doesn't say much either. But the only way I see he needs to go is timing. An hour or so after his breakfast, rarely after lunch, after supper n before bed. He goes at least 3x per day. But in the house I notice he starts walking in and out of the kitchen as back door is there. Or he'll look at me. Im sure there's a sign she gives you.

  4. #27
    BullyWood Movie Star
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    3,019
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)
    4538

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Duke doesn't say much either. But the only way I see he needs to go is timing. An hour or so after his breakfast, rarely after lunch, after supper n before bed. He goes at least 3x per day. But in the house I notice he starts walking in and out of the kitchen as back door is there. Or he'll look at me. Im sure there's a sign she gives you.

    lol I am sure she is. Just need her talk to me like Lassie!
    When I do notice she just runs with a mission to the back door. If I am busy and not paying attention is when she has done it. AGIAN not her fault I know mine since she has gone to the back door at least! Maybe I could teach her to open it??!!??
    Tyson opens the door himself to get in (pretty much everyday) and Sadie will close it if I ask her too!
    Have to work on Bella!

  5. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  6. #28
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,674
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)
    4631

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hceril View Post
    I depends on what she wants.
    If she wants me to play with her she'll put her (usually soaking wet toy, yuck) right on me and dare me to try and get it. No sound.
    If she wants me to get her toy from under the couch, end table or nightstand (for the 100th time) she makes the loud chewbaca sound until I get it.
    If she has to go potty unfortunately not a sound!!!! She'll go to the back door and sit quietly and if not noticed she'll poop right at the back door. She really seems to be potty trained as far as I am concerned since she does go to the back door. She has pooped there twice in the last 3-4 months. Now Just have to get her to alert me somehow. The others will come get me (almost like lassie lol) thought about hanging a bell but with four dogs I might be jingled out of my mind. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Duke doesn't say much either. But the only way I see he needs to go is timing. An hour or so after his breakfast, rarely after lunch, after supper n before bed. He goes at least 3x per day. But in the house I notice he starts walking in and out of the kitchen as back door is there. Or he'll look at me. Im sure there's a sign she gives you.
    Both my guys go to the back door as well and usually just sit there.

  7. Likes Hceril, helsonwheels liked this post
  8. #29
    Drool Catcher BuddercupKelly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Citrus County, FL
    Posts
    206
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    112

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Dozer just paws me usually once. He has me well trained. He is not very vocal unless I ask him if he wants to go to Walmart. Then he dances and cries for me to hurry. LOL Best dog EVER!

  9. Likes Hceril, 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #30
    Newbie FablesMomma's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fable
    Likes (Received)
    23

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Fable will bark for me during the day, he does this big boy 'Woof Woof'. And he will take his paw and smack me. Sorta like a high five, but less organized. lol. At bed time though-his bark changes, he does a little 'bark bark' followed by a 'wooo woooo wooo wooo' noise. The barks are to let me know hes ready for bed, and the 'wooo wooos' are to let me know that I need to hurry up and put him beside me in the bed because hes tired. LOL.
    ~My dog, a little heartbeat at my feet.

  11. Likes 2BullyMama, Hceril liked this post
  12. #31
    Newbie Krissie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Quinn
    Likes (Received)
    36

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    My sweet Quinn gets into things she knows she isn't suppised to. This way she gets attention even if she is in trouble. Haha

  13. Likes Hceril, 2BullyMama liked this post
  14. #32
    BullyWood Movie Star
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    3,019
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)
    4538

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Both my guys go to the back door as well and usually just sit there.
    Funny story lol
    Last summer I had all the girls over for lunch much and swimming (about a dozen of them!) Bella went to sit by the back door a couple of my friend said shouldn’t I let her out. I said no, since I couldn’t watch her out there at the moment. I was busy getting everything ready for lunch for everyone. Next thing I know she pooped in the middle of the living room.
    It was totally my fault so all I could do was laugh.
    Oh and then I caught her (just in time I might add) carrying one of their purses that they had placed on the fireplace. Omg..
    Thank goodness she didnt make it under my bed her favorite hiding place when she is being naughty.

  15. Likes Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
  16. #33
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,674
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)
    4631

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hceril View Post
    Funny story lol
    Last summer I had all the girls over for lunch much and swimming (about a dozen of them!) Bella went to sit by the back door a couple of my friend said shouldn’t I let her out. I said no, since I couldn’t watch her out there at the moment. I was busy getting everything ready for lunch for everyone. Next thing I know she pooped in the middle of the living room.
    It was totally my fault so all I could do was laugh.
    Oh and then I caught her (just in time I might add) carrying one of their purses that they had placed on the fireplace. Omg..
    Thank goodness she didnt make it under my bed her favorite hiding place when she is being naughty.
    Hahahaahahaha!!!

    Jax likes to steal shoes. And then Louie sees him and will follow suit cause it's just so much fun!

  17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  18. #34
    Kennel Cleaner Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    83
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    These comments are so funny..i love this forum and all the people and babies in it!

    I guess after thinking about it I should retract my vote.
    Stella starts with a stare, then whines, then barks then jumps on me!

  19. Likes oscarmayer, helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  20. #35
    BullyWood Movie Star
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    3,019
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)
    4538

    Default Re: How does your bulldog get your attention?

    Bella will stare (never makes a sound though!)
    If I am sleeping she’ll put her face on my face (still not a sound) she sticks her teeth on me. Lol

  21. Likes 2BullyMama, thett liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •