Poll: How many variety of bulldogs do you own?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What breed of bulldog do you own...French...English...Olde English did I miss any?

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What breed of bulldog do you own...French...English...Olde English did I miss any?

@savemejeebus
    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    @cadillactaste - pitbulls are banned in your area too? I think it's such a sad rule.

No, I don't believe so...just that everyone gives them such a bad rep. that I think most are fearful of anything they assume might look like one.

My neighbor took one in that was in a shelter here. But even the "no kill" shelter was considering killing the dog. For no one was interested in taking it. Another neighbor who's friends with the head of that particular shelter took the dog home. But her dogs fought with it. She said the saddest thing was. The dog never even attempted to fight to protect itself from her dogs. So it's at another neighbor's home now.

The craziest thing I think though...is that Pit Bulls are actually terriers. But because of the "Bull" part to their name. Most feel they are related in some way to bulldogs...

But that Pit Bull up the street...is a sweet dog.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What breed of bulldog do you own...French...English...Olde English did I miss any?

I voted 100% english bulldogs - two of them. Although, we do sometimes wonder about Daddy. He was a rescue from an Amish puppy mill, so who knows what happened!!

Lucy-licious

I voted English Bulldog......although over here we drop the English therefore she is a Bulldog

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@marita ...... Welcome to EBN; would love to see pix of your herd of you have some you can post. Hope you enjoy the site.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

English bulldog!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Samson is a mix, Dad was a pure EB but mom was 1/2 EB 1/2 boston terrier.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

I have 3 EBs but I would love to have a Frenchie someday too!
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

I have an American Bulldog, LeRoy Jenkens, An english Bulldog, Norman and an English Bulldog/Black Lab mix, China. I also foster through the Chicago French Bulldog Rescue. So I get Frenchies here sometimes.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    Samson is a mix, Dad was a pure EB but mom was 1/2 EB 1/2 boston terrier.

Ooo... I didn't know that. You can't tell!!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Ooo... I didn't know that. You can't tell!!!
    I was surprised too... Samson looks like he is all bully to me. ,,,,, and cute

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@BruceP @kazzy220 Really? I've mentioned it before. With his mom being bred from a pure EB and a pure Boston Terrier and his Dad being a pure EB it makes him 75% EB 25% Boston Terrier. So he is mostly EB and the boston terrier is another squishy faced, muscular dog like the EB so it wouldn't add a great deal of contrast. The VAST majority of people assume he is an EB because he looks like one and acts just like one, because of that I really almost forget sometimes myself. I know that isn't the best practice to be breeding like that (I know now, didn't when I got him) but I really do think despite that he ended being quite a handsome boy! Well I think he is the handsomest boy ever but I am a bit biased

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Samson is VERY handsome!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads