Have you ever considered disquising your bullie's crate? If so...how?

Have you ever considered disquising your bullies crate?

• Yes, we've disquised it by ___________ . [Fill in the blank]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
We need our crates...they are our bullies "den" of comfort. A place to go when they feel they need to remove themselves from the business of what's going on around them. Or...for some protection while we're away from the house.

So let's be honest...Crates are NOT the most luxurious decor addition to a home. So...Years of attempting to hide or disquise ours. I am curious...who else have considered or have done just that.

This is what we've finally came up with that I find I can live with. It allows me to utilize the top of the crates.

[The mirror is an antique of my Aunt's...and the mirror part is slightly distressed...not dirty]

IMG_6959.jpg

Last edited:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
That looks awesome! I have never done it because it is not in my livingroom area. I have Mochas in the family room.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i put i never have but thought about it.. what ive thought about doing is getting some cool fabric and wrap the crate in the fabric, and hopefully it will keep the labs hair confined. since our lab uses the kennel instead of lex im afraid to put anything on the top of it cause he will definately knock everything off.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]
i put i never have but thought about it.. what ive thought about doing is getting some cool fabric and wrap the crate in the fabric, and hopefully it will keep the labs hair confined. since our lab uses the kennel instead of lex im afraid to put anything on the top of it cause he will definately knock everything off.

The crown trim around the edge of the top. Keeps it from sliding off the top of the crate. It keeps the crate more stable by making it heavier to move.

[MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION]

Thanks for the compliment...

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Good idea [MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]. I have never disguised the crates but the 2 grandkids that used to stay with me the most sure did. They made forts out of them, covered the crates with sheets, incorporated furniture and made whole "towns". The Bulldogs played in the forts with the kids. The dogs shared their kongs and nylabones with the kids. When it was bath time I could line up the kids and dogs, close my eyes and give them the whif test and both kids and dogs smelled exactly the same! Those 2 kids are cousins and 15 and 16 years old now!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Very clever cadillactaste!!! Looks good!! The dog kennels have always been in my bedroom, if I kept them out in the living areas where guests might see them I may have considered doing something about it but since it's just me and Dave that see them I don't care. I do like those classy looking ones that certain pet supply retailers have but they are so expensive!

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION]
Good idea [MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION]. I have never disguised the crates but the 2 grandkids that used to stay with me the most sure did. They made forts out of them, covered the crates with sheets, incorporated furniture and made whole "towns". The Bulldogs played in the forts with the kids. The dogs shared their kongs and nylabones with the kids. When it was bath time I could line up the kids and dogs, close my eyes and give them the whif test and both kids and dogs smelled exactly the same! Those 2 kids are cousins and 15 and 16 years old now!

Sounds like some fantastic memories...

I have some good pictures of my son and the neighbor girl when they were young...before school days. Playing drunkin' sailor and locked in jail until one sobered up.

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Very clever cadillactaste!!! Looks good!! The dog kennels have always been in my bedroom, if I kept them out in the living areas where guests might see them I may have considered doing something about it but since it's just me and Dave that see them I don't care. I do like those classy looking ones that certain pet supply retailers have but they are so expensive!

I seen those recently...we've had this one built for a long while now. We had a custom cabinet made to house a crate with doors that would open when they went in. And my dad...HAD FITS OVER IT! :angry: He is much more accepting of these toppers than the cabinet we had built out of oak. That was before the custom cages...I have seen them...they would make okay side tables and such. But...I don't have the room for them scattered around the room. These are in my foyer as you can see.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] ,,,,,, Very clever :) [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ... Uh,,not so much!! :p:LMAO:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1922]cadillactaste[/MENTION] ,,,,,, Very clever :) [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ... Uh,,not so much!! :p:LMAO:

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]...WHAT!?!?!?!?!? I thought it was clever for christmas!!!!! :p

OP
cadillactaste

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]...WHAT!?!?!?!?!? I thought it was clever for christmas!!!!! :p

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]....... We're talking DISGUISING the crate, not making it look like a Macy's window at Christmas-time ...:LMAO: .... :p

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.