When you go for a walk do you take water with you for your bully?

With the summer months approaching fast, figured I'd get a feel for what we all do.

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[h=2]When you go for a walk do you take water with you for your bully?[/h]

bullypoll.png

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I personally take a mini bottle of water, and collapsible bowl, and Tyson wears his "kooling" collar... that has an ice pack in it. Texas summers are no joke, there have been times where I want to wear his dang collar its so hot! Can't even breath! Also once full summer approaches, we do extra early walks, and extra late walks to avoid the high peak temps! What does everyone else to do?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I do and even though cali isn't like some of your places,,,, it does get hot!! I now also have one of those 'polar' rag things that you wet and shake and it turns cold... I haven't used yet but am going to have with me everywhere...

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I've got a go bag. Some of the things it includes are water, poop bags, and wipes.

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
We do, but its kinda pointless. We got this little waterproof fabric travel bowl - I fill it with water, Reggie picks it up dumping all the water everywhere and then carries it in his mouth for the rest of the walk. He drinks from the stream lol

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
ALWAYS I in the hot times freeze water in old coke or whatever bottles and as the ice melts nice and cold for them , we have three water bottles that have the bowels attached also , just pull the plugs and the water flows to the bowls for easy licking it up . Odin on a hot day can drink gallons so it pretty brutal carrying all that water but they must have it . In winter we have a heated water bowl on the deck for them all never freezes but do not let it ever run out or the element will overheat and die ! In summer on the deck they have two 5 gallon water feeders that do the job, I mad a insulated box with 2 inch Styrofoam SM lined in side so the water does not go bad quick and keeps it relatively cooler . The things we do for dogs .........

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
We do, but its kinda pointless. We got this little waterproof fabric travel bowl - I fill it with water, Reggie picks it up dumping all the water everywhere and then carries it in his mouth for the rest of the walk. He drinks from the stream lol

Mine drinks from the water bottle stream. He has gotten pretty good at it. I find the bowls are only good for food with him.

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Mine drinks from the water bottle stream. He has gotten pretty good at it. I find the bowls are only good for food with him.

Lol, Reggie does like doing that but he needs more practise. He gets covered in it, and I'm a little paranoid about water going up his nose.

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)

We also taught ours to drink out of a water bottle and their really good at it, hardly lose a drop unless we're at the dog park and they have to turn their head constantly so they don't miss anything. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Very short walks only.... Lambeau drags his feet and if we walk too much his nails bleed

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.