Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Poll: How Friendly is your Bulldog?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily Poll: How Friendly is your Bulldog?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg, Sophie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: How Friendly is your Bulldog?

Out of all EBN,s I have owned , maybe Diva would not tolerate her back end sniffed which resulted in I will call a correction to the other party , thing was she was defenceless due to her age , or could not back up her dislike , when I got her ( a save ) she was 8 or 9 and showed her breeding age as she was bread the normal amount of times by a breeder from what I understand , from the breeder she went to retire with " a friend " who gave a poop and Diva had to get out of there as My Vet was the one who approached Me about the poor situation Diva was now in . She lived in My home till her death at age 12 , the rest of My guys are in love with everyone and anyone Period , they even like Me go figure. Rosie is of the same wonderful nature ( I have only exp with females and that will not change ) she I find of recent will push with the other dogs we have Odin is infatuated with her as is Dakota , both big males with no issues to back up a correction if a other animal threatens . Rosie was Amazing due to her personality in the Hospital with EVERYONE and was the one finding new people to meet , I was very proud of her and the breed to be honest a perfect hospital visiting breed in My view due to there love of all .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

2. Likes sisters3, Manydogs, TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Nyala loves anything that moves, feeds her, plays with her, sleeps with her...get my drift?
    She is so friendly, it's a pain lollll

Funny, my last dog was the "rip you apart" type and Nyala is "lick you to death" type.

4. Likes sisters3, Manydogs, TyTysmom liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

ELMO LOVES ALL PEOPLE, ELMO DOES NOT LIKE OTHER DOGS. HE GET ALONG WITH TWO OUT OF MY NINE DOGS, BUT WHEN WE TAKE HIM TO THE VET WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM AWAY FROM OTHER DOGS. I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE IS LIKE THIS, HE GREW UP WITH MY 1ST CHIHUAHUA, BUT NOW HE DOES NOT LIKE HER, JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

6. Likes sisters3, TyTysmom liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by My Otis View Post
    ELMO LOVES ALL PEOPLE, ELMO DOES NOT LIKE OTHER DOGS. HE GET ALONG WITH TWO OUT OF MY NINE DOGS, BUT WHEN WE TAKE HIM TO THE VET WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM AWAY FROM OTHER DOGS. I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE IS LIKE THIS, HE GREW UP WITH MY 1ST CHIHUAHUA, BUT NOW HE DOES NOT LIKE HER, JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
    Ahhhh tickle me Elmo lol

8. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

My two seem to love everybody... BUT don't mention any appliances or strange objects!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

Fezzik likes everything too much. He would definitely run off with a stranger if they showed him affection.

We are currently fostering 2 kittens and he wants to sniff and lick them so badly. We have been keeping them separated because the kittens are scared and might claw. But one kitten got in with him and he chased it around pushing it with his noise while licking and sniffing it.

11. Likes sisters3, TyTysmom liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

As far as I know Joey LOVES LOVES LOVES all other dogs (they just don't like her very much), loves people and little children too BUT the little ones are afraid of her HUGE DESIRE to see them and lick them. BUT she almost went through the glass door when there was a bear on the patio AND when a cat was out there.....So, I guess bears and cats are off the LOVE LIST
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

13. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chief
    Likes (Received)

Chief is super friendly. If someone broke in the house he would be very excited to see them. Hates the vacuum though.

15. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I didn't choose one on this poll as FTSE
    Loves everyone humans and animals except vets, vet nurses and if people are on the other side of the door or fence then he hates them with a vengeance been a bit of nightmare with FTSE here and workmen he bite the electricians off sided and was stalking the kitchen installer before I grabbed him and this was because the electrician walked out the back into the garden lucky it was only a nibble and the kitchen installer that was my fault I forgot to close the door so FTSE let himself in to investigate
    Two little having fun together

17. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

My dogs are out of control when they see people-they LOVE them.They thought I was the only human on earth!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

19. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Ann
    Country
    Estonia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Alistair
    Likes (Received)

Alistair loves all people and animals. Not all other dogs like him, though. Such an eager little tank as he is, he got his first bad bite from another dog on his 7 months birthday. Now I know I have to watch out on walks. I'm sure he thinks that we go for walks just so he could meet people. He has got his 'regulars' already - a bum who sits on park bench, and elderly couple coming from morning swim etc. - Alistair expresses immense joy each time they meet. He would probably greet a burglar with delight too but barks for example at new flowers or if wind has messed up laundry on clothes line. His worst fear so far was a huge pink unicorn shaped balloon my son got from fair.

21. Likes TyTysmom, Jersey liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I chose - Very Friendly with People, not so much with other dogs/animals... for Dozer because it was the best answer available, but not totally correct for him. He is not quite 4 months old yet so he is losing that pup gullibility and starting to develop his own sense of awareness and reasoning ability. He observes my body language carefully and is more cautious to approach someone new I've noticed recently. If I greet the person happily and they are the same he will approach to check them out. If they speak or reach to pet him, it's all good. Basically the same with other dogs, he encountered a cat in a carrier for the first time during a trip to the Vet for shots this week. It was a large, black cat and was meowing loudly over and over - he was very curious to say the least.

He loves our 10 year old Shih Tzu, can't wait to see him in the morning. The feeling is not quite reciprocated in full, but they are getting along better each day. We three go for walks together just fine, I think that has helped more than anything actually (I've read it often does). Sometimes they even share a daybed and some chew toy time beside each other for a short bit and then chill out for a while.

23. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom, Jersey liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads