TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Joey always rode in the back seat, only stayed awake for the first 5 minutes then snoring (and I mean on 5 hour drives too LOL), when weather is cool enough or if someone is with me to leave air conditioning on she goes on my errands too. She never leaves the back seat. At first harness and clipped into seat belt, as she grew she liked to go from side to side so longer tether, BUT she slipped off of back seat with longer tether and that is what ended the tether at all. So she is free as a bird for long trips, short errands she'll wear harness. I LOVE her in the car with me :)
View attachment 99532View attachment 99533

Wow look how much she has grown!!! Such a beautiful girl :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel makes me ride shotgun. Bentley is screaming in the backseat, "we're going to crash. Dad, please don't let Jewel drive!" With all that screaming from Bentley, Jewel asks me for one of my cigars. She chews on the end an lets the brown juices slide down her chin and neck. We get a lot of looks but Jewel drives pretty good for 3 year old. A couple of times she had road rage because some people are obsessed with their freakin' cell phones driving slow in the fast lane despite the sign saying slower traffic drive to the right. Another time a driver was swerving from side to side of the lane because they too were on a cell phone. I could tell she was upset with that driver because she called that guy a "pin-decko."

Jewel is actually a pretty good driver except for the road rage.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Jewel makes me ride shotgun. Bentley is screaming in the backseat, "we're going to crash. Dad, please don't let Jewel drive!" With all that screaming from Bentley, Jewel asks me for one of my cigars. She chews on the end an lets the brown juices slide down her chin and neck. We get a lot of looks but Jewel drives pretty good for 3 year old. A couple of times she had road rage because some people are obsessed with their freakin' cell phones driving slow in the fast lane despite the sign saying slower traffic drive to the right. Another time a driver was swerving from side to side of the lane because they too were on a cell phone. I could tell she was upset with that driver because she called that guy a "pin-decko."

Just keep her away from texting while driving and I'm sure she'd do better than a lot of jerks out on the road!

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Almost always, this is how we roll.

6692308611b7a78cf5bb9cd18ce826da.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Just keep her away from texting while driving and I'm sure she'd do better than a lot of jerks out on the road!

She will not get a phone until she is 4 years old which is less than a year away. We were out on the road running errands the other day and she appeared to be driving a little aggressively. I told her to slow down and she just said "Dad." I said slow down. We saw a lot of people on their cell phones too. Jewel just repeats, "Pin-decko!" And I agreed.

Jewel and Bentley say hello to Murray and hope that you all had a great 4th. It was pretty much uneventful at our place. We plugged in the Adaptil early in the day so Jewel and Bentley might relax during the neighborhood setting off their fireworks plus we had our TV turned up. We did hear a few fireworks and Bentley started barking and we reassured both that it is OK. I think the rain we received put a damper on everyone's party so there were not as many fireworks going off.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Almost always, this is how we roll.

6692308611b7a78cf5bb9cd18ce826da.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Yes indeed. Jewel loves that too except she prefers to drive; however, the wife halts the activity unless we are driving real slow. She says, "what are you going to do if something hits them in their eyes?" OK she has a point with Jewel and Bentley getting back inside the car.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
She will not get a phone until she is 4 years old which is less than a year away. We were out on the road running errands the other day and she appeared to be driving a little aggressively. I told her to slow down and she just said "Dad." I said slow down. We saw a lot of people on their cell phones too. Jewel just repeats, "Pin-decko!" And I agreed.

Jewel and Bentley say hello to Murray and hope that you all had a great 4th. It was pretty much uneventful at our place. We plugged in the Adaptil early in the day so Jewel and Bentley might relax during the neighborhood setting off their fireworks plus we had our TV turned up. We did hear a few fireworks and Bentley started barking and we reassured both that it is OK. I think the rain we received put a damper on everyone's party so there were not as many fireworks going off.

Lol maybe for now you could start small and just give her one of those toddler phones that can only dial your number and 911 in case of an emergency ;) Murray and I had a relaxing and uneventful 4th thanks!

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Bodie is seatbelted in thru the loop on his harness. He has a pillow for his head and another btwn his rump and the door! And usually he's snoring before we get out of the driveway!!!
2616be5dbd02996a75744aed570eb9f7.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=11156]BodiesMom[/MENTION] omg that is such a cute picture!!! Love the shades :)

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
[MENTION=11156]BodiesMom[/MENTION] omg that is such a cute picture!!! Love the shades :)
Aww...thanks!! The sun was in his eyes and he doesn't like it, so I sacrificed a pair of my shades for him!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Willow has been loose, and that is driving me insane... she keeps insisting to sit w/me so she needs a harness. Walter just lays behind me and snores away...

Dieter

Mar 31, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
On our way to puppy class, the car is like a sleeping pill for Odin.uploadfromtaptalk1468316812770.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We have a cool sling-like device that hooks on the head rests in the front and back. It keeps her from falling off the seats. I like it because it has storage pockets for her leash and other equipment we need. If we attempted to buckle her in, she would get hopelessly tangled.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
She loves car rides. We rock out to music on the radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.