TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson generally always rides in the truck. We lift back-seats up, and lay out a huge comfy/fluffy blanket, but he is loose. Most recently over the last 6 months, his arthritis is affecting him more & more so we've also purchased a ramp for him to go in & out. He loves it and does so well :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea gets buckled in and usually goes right to sleep. If not she would try to be in my lap while driving.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
if it is a short distance - lake area - I just put his leash on, holding it while Harvey looks out the window.

If it is a longer distance - in a crate.

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Right now, Hank rides in a travel crate but he is getting too big so we are going to transition him to a seat belt harness. I'd rather him be in a crate but my husband refuses to get a bigger travel crate and we're not even sure if it would fit in the car. Now my Frenchie rides in her travel crate and will probably always do so. She loves that thing. As soon as she's in there she stretches out and passes out. We don't even make it out the drive and she's sound asleep!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
When Murray was a baby he was in his crate in the car, as he out grew it I did buy and try a travel harness with the hook but he managed to wiggle his way out of it, eventually what I found works best is that I got a special bed for the car and he sits in it when we drive somewhere, he's really great about it actually!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Joey always rode in the back seat, only stayed awake for the first 5 minutes then snoring (and I mean on 5 hour drives too LOL), when weather is cool enough or if someone is with me to leave air conditioning on she goes on my errands too. She never leaves the back seat. At first harness and clipped into seat belt, as she grew she liked to go from side to side so longer tether, BUT she slipped off of back seat with longer tether and that is what ended the tether at all. So she is free as a bird for long trips, short errands she'll wear harness. I LOVE her in the car with me :)
IMG_2131.JPGIMG_4217.JPG

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I do a mix - I have a crate in my trunk and use it alot but sometimes for short rides I will let Izzy ride on the back with windows down. She LOVES it and gets super happy and excited. But I know it's not very safe for both of us that's why 90% of the time she rides inside her crate.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty sits in the front passenger floor area for short trips. He will very occasionally climb up on the seat but I try to stop him. The one longer trip he has been on, he was in the back seat, snoring.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Back seat of van... Cheli likes the floor and Lambeau likes the third row. But Cheli would live to be on my lap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel makes me ride shotgun. Bentley is screaming in the backseat, "we're going to crash. Dad, please don't let Jewel drive!" With all that screaming from Bentley, Jewel asks me for one of my cigars. She chews on the end an lets the brown juices slide down her chin and neck. We get a lot of looks but Jewel drives pretty good for 3 year old. A couple of times she had road rage because some people are obsessed with their freakin' cell phones driving slow in the fast lane despite the sign saying slower traffic drive to the right. Another time a driver was swerving from side to side of the lane because they too were on a cell phone. I could tell she was upset with that driver because she called that guy a "pin-decko."

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We have a crate at the back of the car. It takes up half the boot, unfortunately, but it's safe, both for us and for Castor. We used to tie his harness to the safety belt in the back seat but he managed to unbuckle the seat several times. The crate is good - he sits up for short rides and for long journeys he sleeps.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online