Poll: How does your bully ride in the car?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does your bully ride in the car?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How does your bully ride in the car?

Back seat of van... Cheli likes the floor and Lambeau likes the third row. But Cheli would live to be on my lap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes TyTysmom, CCandMurray, ddnene liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Jewel makes me ride shotgun. Bentley is screaming in the backseat, "we're going to crash. Dad, please don't let Jewel drive!" With all that screaming from Bentley, Jewel asks me for one of my cigars. She chews on the end an lets the brown juices slide down her chin and neck. We get a lot of looks but Jewel drives pretty good for 3 year old. A couple of times she had road rage because some people are obsessed with their freakin' cell phones driving slow in the fast lane despite the sign saying slower traffic drive to the right. Another time a driver was swerving from side to side of the lane because they too were on a cell phone. I could tell she was upset with that driver because she called that guy a "pin-decko."

4. Likes Jersey, sisters3, TyTysmom, CCandMurray liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We have a crate at the back of the car. It takes up half the boot, unfortunately, but it's safe, both for us and for Castor. We used to tie his harness to the safety belt in the back seat but he managed to unbuckle the seat several times. The crate is good - he sits up for short rides and for long journeys he sleeps.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

6. Likes TyTysmom, sisters3 liked this post
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    Joey always rode in the back seat, only stayed awake for the first 5 minutes then snoring (and I mean on 5 hour drives too LOL), when weather is cool enough or if someone is with me to leave air conditioning on she goes on my errands too. She never leaves the back seat. At first harness and clipped into seat belt, as she grew she liked to go from side to side so longer tether, BUT she slipped off of back seat with longer tether and that is what ended the tether at all. So she is free as a bird for long trips, short errands she'll wear harness. I LOVE her in the car with me
    Attachment 99532Attachment 99533
    Wow look how much she has grown!!! Such a beautiful girl

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

8. Likes sisters3 liked this post
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Jewel makes me ride shotgun. Bentley is screaming in the backseat, "we're going to crash. Dad, please don't let Jewel drive!" With all that screaming from Bentley, Jewel asks me for one of my cigars. She chews on the end an lets the brown juices slide down her chin and neck. We get a lot of looks but Jewel drives pretty good for 3 year old. A couple of times she had road rage because some people are obsessed with their freakin' cell phones driving slow in the fast lane despite the sign saying slower traffic drive to the right. Another time a driver was swerving from side to side of the lane because they too were on a cell phone. I could tell she was upset with that driver because she called that guy a "pin-decko."
    Jewel is actually a pretty good driver except for the road rage.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Just keep her away from texting while driving and I'm sure she'd do better than a lot of jerks out on the road!

11. Likes rjisaterp liked this post

Almost always, this is how we roll.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

13. Likes rjisaterp, TyTysmom, ddnene, sisters3, asherose liked this post
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Just keep her away from texting while driving and I'm sure she'd do better than a lot of jerks out on the road!
    She will not get a phone until she is 4 years old which is less than a year away. We were out on the road running errands the other day and she appeared to be driving a little aggressively. I told her to slow down and she just said "Dad." I said slow down. We saw a lot of people on their cell phones too. Jewel just repeats, "Pin-decko!" And I agreed.

Jewel and Bentley say hello to Murray and hope that you all had a great 4th. It was pretty much uneventful at our place. We plugged in the Adaptil early in the day so Jewel and Bentley might relax during the neighborhood setting off their fireworks plus we had our TV turned up. We did hear a few fireworks and Bentley started barking and we reassured both that it is OK. I think the rain we received put a damper on everyone's party so there were not as many fireworks going off.

15. Likes CCandMurray, Jersey liked this post
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Karn View Post
    Almost always, this is how we roll.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Yes indeed. Jewel loves that too except she prefers to drive; however, the wife halts the activity unless we are driving real slow. She says, "what are you going to do if something hits them in their eyes?" OK she has a point with Jewel and Bentley getting back inside the car.

17. Likes Brian Karn, 2BullyMama, Jersey liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

She will not get a phone until she is 4 years old which is less than a year away. We were out on the road running errands the other day and she appeared to be driving a little aggressively. I told her to slow down and she just said "Dad." I said slow down. We saw a lot of people on their cell phones too. Jewel just repeats, "Pin-decko!" And I agreed.

Jewel and Bentley say hello to Murray and hope that you all had a great 4th. It was pretty much uneventful at our place. We plugged in the Adaptil early in the day so Jewel and Bentley might relax during the neighborhood setting off their fireworks plus we had our TV turned up. We did hear a few fireworks and Bentley started barking and we reassured both that it is OK. I think the rain we received put a damper on everyone's party so there were not as many fireworks going off.
    Lol maybe for now you could start small and just give her one of those toddler phones that can only dial your number and 911 in case of an emergency Murray and I had a relaxing and uneventful 4th thanks!

19. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
    Real Name
    Toni
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bodie
    Likes (Received)

Bodie is seatbelted in thru the loop on his harness. He has a pillow for his head and another btwn his rump and the door! And usually he's snoring before we get out of the driveway!!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    You'll never know true, unconditional love and loyalty until you own a Bully! A smooshy-face, full of wrinkles, slobber mouthed, stinky Bully!!!

Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

@BodiesMom omg that is such a cute picture!!! Love the shades

22. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads