Daily Poll: Are you taking your bully/bullies on a summer vacation this year?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Don't just stop at Portland, go all the way to Bangor or Bar Harbor

We chose Portland as a 2 hr test drive for longer car rides. We are slowly working up to the long drive to Michigan. I would rather take him with us than leave him. I'll have to consider those places as second trips; that was the purpose of Canada.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
We chose Portland as a 2 hr test drive for longer car rides. We are slowly working up to the long drive to Michigan. I would rather take him with us than leave him. I'll have to consider those places as second trips.
I have heard there are lots of friendly dog places in Portland. It should be great. The Flatbread Company is supposed to be awesome.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's #1 on my bucket list! We may even take Mabel! I was going to go earlier, but bought a new desk for my home office and have to postpone. :(

Door is open!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We are planning several trips. We are going to Grand Rapids, MI to visit family and show him off. We are also considering Portland ME or places in Canada. Has anyone crossed the US to Canada border woth their bully?

As for a trip to Canada, you will have to check the Canadian Government travel websites to see what is required. You will at least need an International Health Certificate.

Maybe [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] can shed some light on the requirement.

I too would like to make a trip to Canada. My wife and I enjoyed our trip to Nova Scotia but this was before we had our puppy dogs an the fact the CATT was running from Maine to Yarmouth, NS.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
As for a trip to Canada, you will have to check the Canadian Government travel websites to see what is required. You will at least need an International Health Certificate.

Maybe @Vikinggirl can shed some light on the requirement.

I too would like to make a trip to Canada. My wife and I enjoyed our trip to Nova Scotia but this was before we had our puppy dogs an the fact the CATT was running from Maine to Yarmouth, NS.

sorry, I've never travelled with my guys where we had to cross any borders, but I agree with Roger, check with the travel requirements for Canada, I would think you would just have to have proof of up to date vaccines, and rabies, maybe canine influenza and kennel cough as well? But not sure and maybe proof of ownership since EB's are a popular breed and some may be stolen and sold across borders.

Beaumom

May 26, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
No...we were actually scheduled to be on vacation this week but got our puppy and realized it would be too much...so next year hopefully.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Nope we are saving up for next years 30th anniversary cruise with the kids ( and a 70 cent dollar ), but em looking for a person to stay at home with them for app 8 to 12 days so we can go , thats the tuff one up here very limited choices .

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I haven't gone on vacation with Murray yet but would love to hear some recommendations as to where to go from my EBN friends!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online