Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily Poll: Are you taking your bully/bullies on a summer vacation this year?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: Are you taking your bully/bullies on a summer vacation this year?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Yes, we're spending 2 weeks in Oak Island, NC. Pippy loves the beach and "attacking" the waves. She especially loves tiday pools. So far only one bout of "beach diarrhea". Lala did OK in the water but does not share Pippy's enthusiasm. Zoey will stay home with the rescues...not a beach fan.

GREAT PHOTOS!!!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nico and Tia
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: Are you taking your bully/bullies on a summer vacation this year?

Quote Originally Posted by KimDe View Post
    We are planning several trips. We are going to Grand Rapids, MI to visit family and show him off. We are also considering Portland ME or places in Canada. Has anyone crossed the US to Canada border woth their bully?
    Hi Kim, yes you can cross the US/Canadian border with your bullies. They will just ask for proof of shots, they are looking specifically for Rabies. My son's girlfriend brings her dog over here from Canada. I would have a paper copy of proof of shots from the Vet and not just rely on the tag.

Grand Rapids area is wonderful in the summer and there's tons to do around Lake Michigan. I live in Mid-Michigan but we have a cottage south of Grand Rapids. Have a great summer vacation..

I'm not really big on vacations cause it is so hard to take the fur babies so we decided to just get the cottage so I don't go through separation anxiety, isn't that awful. I really do get homesick without the pups

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We are planning several trips. We are going to Grand Rapids, MI to visit family and show him off. We are also considering Portland ME or places in Canada. Has anyone crossed the US to Canada border woth their bully?
    Don't just stop at Portland, go all the way to Bangor or Bar Harbor
    Fritthy

4. Likes 1Chumly liked this post
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    Don't just stop at Portland, go all the way to Bangor or Bar Harbor
    We chose Portland as a 2 hr test drive for longer car rides. We are slowly working up to the long drive to Michigan. I would rather take him with us than leave him. I'll have to consider those places as second trips; that was the purpose of Canada.

6. Likes oscarmayer, TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We chose Portland as a 2 hr test drive for longer car rides. We are slowly working up to the long drive to Michigan. I would rather take him with us than leave him. I'll have to consider those places as second trips.
    I have heard there are lots of friendly dog places in Portland. It should be great. The Flatbread Company is supposed to be awesome.
    Fritthy

8. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    Yes I am...maybe to @2BullyMama s house.
    That's #1 on my bucket list! We may even take Mabel! I was going to go earlier, but bought a new desk for my home office and have to postpone.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

10. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom, CCandMurray liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    That's #1 on my bucket list! We may even take Mabel! I was going to go earlier, but bought a new desk for my home office and have to postpone.
    Door is open!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

12. Likes ChrisRN, TyTysmom, CCandMurray liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

As for a trip to Canada, you will have to check the Canadian Government travel websites to see what is required. You will at least need an International Health Certificate.

Maybe @Vikinggirl can shed some light on the requirement.

I too would like to make a trip to Canada. My wife and I enjoyed our trip to Nova Scotia but this was before we had our puppy dogs an the fact the CATT was running from Maine to Yarmouth, NS.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    As for a trip to Canada, you will have to check the Canadian Government travel websites to see what is required. You will at least need an International Health Certificate.

Maybe @Vikinggirl can shed some light on the requirement.

I too would like to make a trip to Canada. My wife and I enjoyed our trip to Nova Scotia but this was before we had our puppy dogs an the fact the CATT was running from Maine to Yarmouth, NS.
    sorry, I've never travelled with my guys where we had to cross any borders, but I agree with Roger, check with the travel requirements for Canada, I would think you would just have to have proof of up to date vaccines, and rabies, maybe canine influenza and kennel cough as well? But not sure and maybe proof of ownership since EB's are a popular breed and some may be stolen and sold across borders.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beau
    Likes (Received)

No...we were actually scheduled to be on vacation this week but got our puppy and realized it would be too much...so next year hopefully.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Nope we are saving up for next years 30th anniversary cruise with the kids ( and a 70 cent dollar ), but em looking for a person to stay at home with them for app 8 to 12 days so we can go , thats the tuff one up here very limited choices .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

I haven't gone on vacation with Murray yet but would love to hear some recommendations as to where to go from my EBN friends!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads