Daily Poll: What's your biggest pet peeve with your bully's hygiene?

What's your biggest pet peeve with your bully's hygiene?

• Cleaning wrinkles

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Bum wipes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Cleaning ears

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Giving a bath

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other, (please explain)

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What's your biggest pet peeve with your bully's hygiene?

bullypoll.png

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson can't stand having his ears cleaned. I finally found a way to apply the cleaner or ointment. I apply it to a cotton ball first, then put the cotton ball in his ear, and rub rub rub. If he sees the bottle, he runs for the hills. LOL

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi must say other....and that being Joey's chin!! I do my best to keep it dry and free of "acne" but it takes NOTHING for her to be playing and break one open and then it's all out war trying to get her to stand still with a rag under her chin to stop the bleeding. Ugggggg, just trying to save the rugs :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nothing really. When we want to wipe Harlea down we just tell her to show us her belly and she flops down and rolls over and commence wiping her down from head to rump.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I selected other, as well. Lambutt is pretty good about getting his daily cleaning so it is not much of an issue.... however, tear stains are a buggers right now (damn allergies)

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Trimming and washing his feet is still a big issue. He is good with face wipes, butt wipes, etc. But he will nip when I touch his feet and try and bite when I do his nails. We are working on rewarding him when he lets us touch his feet.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wrinkles...Cami squeezes her face so tight it's a real struggle to get in there.
However, it makes me laugh too as it's so ridiculous!

She hates getting her feet messed with too, the rest she's not happy about
but endures a bit better.

I believe the earlier you can start doing all the maintenance required for good
bully health, the better! Of course, adopting them, you lose that option.

OMG!...actually her teeth, anything about her mouth is THE worst so I should
have voted OTHER...sorry ;( Forgot only because I don't do her mouth, only
the Vet & 2 assistants does this. It's worrisome now because she's developing
gum tumors between a couple of teeth. Looking into our options as she's 8 so
there's THAT and even if I put her under to laser them off, they usually return.
For now, she gets kibble that's softened with water & warmed. It doesn't help
that my 1st bully died while in recovery from teeth cleaning...;(

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
Hi must say other....and that being Joey's chin!! I do my best to keep it dry and free of "acne" but it takes NOTHING for her to be playing and break one open and then it's all out war trying to get her to stand still with a rag under her chin to stop the bleeding. Ugggggg, just trying to save the rugs :)

I am at the same point right now!!! He will play with his jolly ball or just even outside and it'll break open.
It will look sooooo bad but after I deep clean it, the next day looks pretty good.
So it's a viscious cycle.
Having his heart work test soon, so going to ask the vet if there is anything else I can do. Maybe antibiotics incase there is a small infection in there that just won't go away.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14691]Kimberlie[/MENTION] OMG Right?? Not sure if this is suggested BUT I might try a good, old fashioned styptic pencil to control the bleeding.

Maybe some of the more knowledge and experienced bully owners could let me know if this would be OK.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@Kimberlie OMG Right?? Not sure if this is suggested BUT I might try a good, old fashioned styptic pencil to control the bleeding.

Maybe some of the more knowledge and experienced bully owners could let me know if this would be OK.

You should be able to use a styptic pencil :) I know its used alot on their nails when the quick is cut by accident.

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
The bleeding isn't bad, only a little. But looks swollen and not comfy
It just opens and then it scans over and it just looks like it hurts :(

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You should be able to use a styptic pencil :) I know its used alot on their nails when the quick is cut by accident.
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] FANTASTIC thank you so much Jessica!! That's what I'm going to start using and not fighting her to hold compress on her chinney chin chin....

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
@Kimberlie OMG Right?? Not sure if this is suggested BUT I might try a good, old fashioned styptic pencil to control the bleeding.

I use to use the styptic pencil for mistakes when trimming toenails but the dogs would throw a fit so I tired it on myself when I got a cut and those freaking things sting! I use corn starch now; on the dogs, me I'm fine with a band-aid. :)

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
My OTHER is the need to refresh the water bowl every time Jupiter comes inside. I swear she stores half the yard in her jowls just to drive us crazy. Goes to the water bowl and everything washes right into the bowl. :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I use to use the styptic pencil for mistakes when trimming toenails but the dogs would throw a fit so I tired it on myself when I got a cut and those freaking things sting! I use corn starch now; on the dogs, me I'm fine with a band-aid. :)

Good to know.....thank you, I'll give it a try...the cornstarch.....not the Band-Aid LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.