Daily Poll: What's your biggest pet peeve with your bully's hygiene?

What's your biggest pet peeve with your bully's hygiene?

• Cleaning wrinkles

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Bum wipes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Cleaning ears

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Giving a bath

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other, (please explain)

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
FTSE is fine with everything except his ears when he sees me holding the bottle he runs and hides and he is not too jean on abate but nothing like his ears

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
With Ruthie its her ears and folds, I can't keep them clean enough. We are on the way to the vet this morning for another ear infection :( She's really good about me cleaning them though.

With the other Monster, Brutus...it's his tail pocket....ugh that thing. I guess i don't even need to say anymore.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Nose rope wrinkle - on and off it gets sore in there and I apply diaper rash cream but the little monster moves so that some of the ointment ends up on his nose instead.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Im laughing at the ones with ear issues. The way you guys explained it made me laugh.

I can't say much about Nyala. She loves being washed, cutting her nails, washing ears, loves the hair dryer like there's no tomorrow.... she must of been in her previous life a pampered diva.

Maybe the only thing is she will tests me. I'll say "come on Nyala lets go in" she looks at you like Yeah Right! Little hard head piglet. Hard for me as im use to have dogs do what you ask on first command. Miss Muffet here looks at you, stands up still looking at you and goes the other way. Im laughing while im typing this. Now when I raise my voice which I hate but say" Nyala....come here NOW!" Ooooooh, i see some jogging coming towards the door. Lolllll

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
ELMO'S WRINKLES, HE DOESN'T MIND ME CLEANING HIS NOSE ROPE, OR THE WRINKLES ON HIS FACE, BUT NO WAY WILL HE ALLOW ME TO CUT HIS TOENAILS, ELMO SAYS THAT IS A NO NO. HIS EARS HE DOESN'T LIKE ME TO CLEAN THEM, BUT I DO ANYWAY.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I,m good nothing really , Rosie has found a bath buddy in Nelli tho , Rosie was not a huge fan of baths made her very nervous mostly the in and out process, now that I have Nelli in the group she insists right off the bat to be in the bathroom when Rosie gets her bath and the last one she wanted in also so why not i say lol get two dogs with one stone i say lol

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
With Monty, it's his eyes. He has to have drops twice a day (forever) and I never knew it was possible to scrunch your eyes up that tightly and all the while moving your head from side to side and up and down! Ugh! To make it worse, the drops are thick and takes a while to drip so he ends up wearing them before I can ever get the one drop in each eye. He is good about everything else thank goodness.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate's NOSE ROPE always seems to be a deposit for lots of interesting dust particles. He's such a sweetie though when I clean it out, and a good sport, letting me dig deep inside there.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Nail trimming. First dogs I've ever had that I can not trim their nails myself. Very embarrassing to have to go to vet to cut nail!:blush:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
For Mabel it is the occasional eye drops (she gets frequent infections) and her hyperkeratotic nose. My kids never squeezed their eyes shut so tightly. The nose is a constant chore, to keep it soft and somewhat smooth.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Brushing the teeth. It grosses me out. I can't even watch actors on TV brush their teeth. I have to position the toothbrush, and then close my eyes and try not to gag. Give me a thousand bums to wipe over one tooth brushing.:bad:

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I hate giving Betty a bath, it's not that hard to do, but she just looks so sad. We clean her ears at the same time which she absolutely hates. We had to give her a bath with her medicated shampoo today and she wouldn't look either me or the mister in the face for like 30 minutes afterwards, treats have seemed to make up for it though!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SUPER allergic to wet doggie hair, so I really shouldn't bathe them… it's kinda hard to do w/gloves on as well. So if they really get dirty, I try to do a baby wipe bath… Lol

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Bathing Murray is quite an ordeal, involving me getting a bath in the process, as well as the bathroom floor nearly flooding lol. He also hates having his teeth brushed, if I have the toothbrush forget it so I just slab it on my finger and get the little bugger on his back and try to do it as thoroughly and quickly as possible!

Most Reactions