Daily Poll: Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

• Family member or friend

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Boarding Kennel

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Pet Sitter

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

bullypoll.png

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
That's a good question.
We usually take him along but we are going to a festival in August and I don't have anyone to watch him.
I mean he would be fine with the ac on, snacks and Star Wars on so he can watch the jawas. But still needs to be let out.
Going to look into some of the puppy daycare places around & see what fits. If not grandma is just going to have to come up from Cali!!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I can't tell you how many trips we have turned down or not been able to take just because I can't trust anyone with Tyson :( It's sad I know, but no one understands his level of maintenance. We did leave him with a high school student whom we trusted very much while we went on our honeymoon. She stayed at the house with him, and I left her very detailed instructions. She was wonderful, but she moved away to college!!! :pouting: Now a days, if he can't come with us we won't go.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We usually don't go anywhere that we can't take Frank but on the two occasions that we couldn't, we had my brothers stay with him at our house. They got to spend all day playing video games and eating snacks and Frank had good company. But now they are away at college and we moved too, so now we don't really go anywhere without him or we go one at a time. For example, I went home for my brother's graduation and got to stay for two weeks while my husband stayed at home with Frank. Then if my husband wants to go on a trip, I will stay home with Frank.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We don't really travel much, but we have had to do a lot of day trips during our daughters college search, and will have many more in the coming months. We those trips come up my dad usually watches Harlea as he lives with us, but we prepare all of her meals in advance along with putting her meds in a daily pill box so he can give them to her when she eats. In summer 2017 my wife and I will be taking a cruise for our 25th anniversary so our daughter will stay with her then.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You know the saying "It Takes A Village to Raise A Child" ? Well....."It Takes A Neighborhood to Raise Joey" HAHAHAHA

I am very lucky to have one of my sisters right down the road and a perfectly wonderful neighborhood! I travel for work so I had to be sure that we had a great support system. When I am not on the road I work from home which has been PRICELESS for training Joey. But when I go away she gets to stay home and a very dear friend and neighbor has her during the day and she stays with her aunt (Mama #2) overnight. This has been the process since she was 9 weeks old, so she is used to being at different homes and does wonderfully. I am truly BLESSED !!!!

Edited to say.....Joey has gone on MANY road trips, including errands all the time. The only time she is not with me is if I am on the road for work, all other trips she goes with me. She is a HUGE part of our family......already looking forward to vacation!! She is a wonderful car traveler.....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
If we can't take the brats with us, we have our Mother In Law stay with them. It's a tough tough decision to go away for any amount of time for this reason. Usually one of us stays home while the other goes.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I usually don't go anywhere without Boris as I don't feel I can trust anyone with the list of does and don'ts...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
If we only leave town for the day, Castor usually goes to my parents but when we go on holiday, we leave him at a boarding kennel. We've found a very good place; he gets to take long walks, and there are big outdoor play areas, and then his room has its own little outdoor patio too which is neat. He's been there for a week and up to ten days at a time, and the man who runs the place says Castor settles in very well. Every time we go back Castor is so excited to be there so I guess he thinks he's the one going on holiday!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I clicked other , We had a dog sitter but she has moved on , I am so very fussy the word must be out about how My guys are taken care of , it is real trouble to find someone and am looking now for next year for our 30th aniv cruise with our kids ( they are backup to dog sitter ). They stay in house here less stress on the dogs I feel the search is on tho !

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
We haven't had to leave Betty yet, but we have a wedding in September that the husband and I are both in. We may need to find a pet sitter for that time if friends aren't around. We also are going to Las Vegas in October for 7 days, hoping our friends will be able to watch her then, but I am dreading being away from her :(

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
No one - i take my girls with me or dont go anywhere [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
We do not go anywhere, we stay at home, I do not have anyone who I could trust with Elmo, or any of my other dogs, no one can look after them like I do. They are my Life and World.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My 83-year-old mother watches Mabel and does a small part of her maintenance. I have to play catch-up when I get home. But their activity levels are about the same, so it's a good match.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If we go somewhere for the day my MIL will come over to feed and let the dogs out… she is absent minded at times, but the dogs just love her. For longer trips I have a dear friend who used to work for a vet clinic for years, and she watches my dogs in her home… they literally run the place. She will do everything that I ask… no matter HOW anal it seems… Lol

For those of you who don't have anyone… have you asked a vet tech at your vet's office? You would be surprised how many techs will watch your pets… and since they work at your clinic if an emergency arises you know they can handle it. You can tell immediately those techs that just LOVE your dogs, and if your dogs feel comfortable w/them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.