Poll: How do you cool your bulldog down in the summer months?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily Poll: How do you cool your bulldog down in the summer months?

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: How do you cool your bulldog down in the summer months?

i live in the UK, hot weather is something we dont get.....

2. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I voted other, we use A/C
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

4. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We have not experienced summer with Frith yet (she is only six months). But the ideas here are great, and I will have to think beyond my kiddy pool and ice block idea.

When we lived in CA we set up a really inexpensive mister system by putting a garden soaker/mister hose strung up in a tree. The chickens would congregate under it, and it kept the tree watered (on really hot days, the cats would join the chickens, and even the wildlife would sit all Noah's Arkish together and escaping the 115 temps).

We have humid heat now, so I am not sure the soaker/mister will actually help. Look forward to getting great ideas from more posts though.
    Fritthy

6. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

-pool-jpg

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

We turn the AC on around the end of May, and then we do only potty breaks during the day, and do longer walks either early in the morning or in the evenings when it's cooler. We always carry water with us when we are out.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

9. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

I voted other because Joey was just a baby at the end of the summer. BUT THANKS TO THIS THREAD I am now looking at misting systems, cooling jacket, and pad for the car. Joey goes everywhere with me that she can, errands, etc. I guess that has to stop now due to the heat. I have central air that has been on for days now. Joey will be going on vacation with us, of course, and I WILL be prepared. I guess the walks must end now unless early in the morning, right???
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

11. Likes TyTysmom, Vikinggirl liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    I voted other because Joey was just a baby at the end of the summer. BUT THANKS TO THIS THREAD I am now looking at misting systems, cooling jacket, and pad for the car. Joey goes everywhere with me that she can, errands, etc. I guess that has to stop now due to the heat. I have central air that has been on for days now. Joey will be going on vacation with us, of course, and I WILL be prepared. I guess the walks must end now unless early in the morning, right???
    We do early morning walks & late evening during the summers. It's way too hot here during summer! I use a cooling collar on Tyson during the summer - it's basically an ice pack you grab and insert into the collar. It melts down their chest to keep them cool. When we come back in, I take it out and throw it right back in the freezer. I also carry water on me during summer months

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

13. Likes Vikinggirl, sisters3 liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    We do early morning walks & late evening during the summers. It's way too hot here during summer! I use a cooling collar on Tyson during the summer - it's basically an ice pack you grab and insert into the collar. It melts down their chest to keep them cool. When we come back in, I take it out and throw it right back in the freezer. I also carry water on me during summer months
    Thank you Jessica! Cooling collar, several, are now on the list! THANK YOU !!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

15. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads