Daily Poll: Does your bully have selective hearing?

Does your bully have selective hearing?

• No, he/she listens very well.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Very selective, only listens when its convenient to them.

Votes: 39 95.1%

• Total voters

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Does your bully have selective hearing?
bullypoll.png

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson is the prime example of a stubborn, selective hearing bully. He will outright ignore you if its not something he's interested in. He'll even look you straight in the eye and ignore you! LOL... but mention the word "dinner", "treat", "walk", or "ride" and he's flying towards you. I swear the saying "he can't hear you call his name when he's right next to you, but can hear you open a wrapper from 3 rooms away during a thunderstorm" is so true!!!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh yes, yes he does! And it has gotten worse as he has gotten older and wiser, I suppose. For a while, I really thought he was losing his hearing, but it was only because he was ignoring me. As soon as he hears a treat bag, or a Subway wrapper, or any food related item, no matter how far away in the house he is and how quiet I am being, he instantly comes running at the first crinkle.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh yes, yes he does! And it has gotten worse as he has gotten older and wiser, I suppose. For a while, I really thought he was losing his hearing, but it was only because he was ignoring me. As soon as he hears a treat bag, or a Subway wrapper, or any food related item, no matter how far away in the house he is and how quiet I am being, he instantly comes running at the first crinkle.

Hahahaha..... me too!!!! I thought oh man he's an old man, losing his hearing, etc. Psssssshhhh, I barely touch a bag in the kitchen, and he's up and at em' LOL I can never hide anything from him!!! :w00t:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Hahahaha..... me too!!!! I thought oh man he's an old man, losing his hearing, etc. Psssssshhhh, I barely touch a bag in the kitchen, and he's up and at em' LOL I can never hide anything from him!!! :w00t:

Ha ha, yes! I was writing my post and then I read yours and it cracked me up with how your story with Tyson's hearing is just like Frank's! They are just too funny with how smart they can be! :lol: I can't ever sneak off for a snack without Frank knowing!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Y-E-S! Tate especially. He will come running to me when I call his name, followed by the word "snack". But when I only call his name, boy is he ever so SLOW in coming to me! Finn on the other hand is much more obedient and will usually come when called whenever!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I saw a video on you tube about an EBD off leash training....I was like UMMMMMMMMMMMM NO WAY! So I watched the video and thought "Oh Joey we've got WORK to do!", but now.......SO HAPPY FOR THIS POLL!!! It's not just Joey!!!

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Have to agree with all the comments so far, but I found someone my bulldog actually listened too my Aunts partner he has a very deep voice and is a very dominant person. He visited yesterday and George just loved him was delighted to do anything he asked, it's a pity I don't like the man though not a nice person in general. I've been trying to do his voice since with George but he only fell for it the first time ��

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Have to agree with all the comments so far, but I found someone my bulldog actually listened too my Aunts partner he has a very deep voice and is a very dominant person. He visited yesterday and George just loved him was delighted to do anything he asked, it's a pity I don't like the man though not a nice person in general. I've been trying to do his voice since with George but he only fell for it the first time ��

Haha, go buy a voice changing device. LOL Oh George, we love you buddy, no matter how selective of hearing you have :)

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Haha, go buy a voice changing device. LOL Oh George, we love you buddy, no matter how selective of hearing you have :)
Might not be a bad idea �� Thanks he has his lovable moments sometimes ��

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol, definitely selective hearing, but don't they all? I think it's a definite bully trait. My guys only listen if there's a treat involved.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Out of the four Bulldogs I have had the honour of owning Rosie is the most stubborn of for that matter any breed I have ever had contact with , We love each other unconditionally, we both show it to each other on a almost hourly basis , but GOD I could kill her sometimes . Odin a Cane Corso now that is supposed to be a stubborn breed and he has his days especially when there is a correction involved I get the PooP eye and that eye can have aggression some times ( does not work out well so far for him ) he is far more less stubborn then Rosie by a mile , never mind the 2 husky breeds I have they can and are stubborn .
But God I love her she has been a God send to Me this past 8 months truly lol

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We are very lucky to have 3 girls that listen to us very well. We've had many others that exhibit the selective type hearing...mostly the boys.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.