Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

• Overall health concerns...

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Having surgery - being put under....

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Getting stolen or taken from you...

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Their lifespan - as they get older....

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Not being able to care for them properly....

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other (Please explain)....

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have a daily fear that my oldest girl Molly will leave me any day.... I get sick just going to her crate each morning if she isn't up waiting for me, and still sleeping, my heart sinks until she looks up!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have a daily fear that my oldest girl Molly will leave me any day.... I get sick just going to her crate each morning if she isn't up waiting for me, and still sleeping, my heart sinks until she looks up!

How old is Molly Lisa? Is she not doing well? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
since i own 4 bullies.. my worries differ with each one.. porkchop is the older one so i worry about her life span, rocky is the rescue so i worry about his health, although all seems great right now, abbey also her health because of her allergies, gucci would be life span also.. she is only 4 but don't know what i would do with out any of them.. i'm still suffering over one loss.. i can't take anymore..

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I worry...no I am obsessed with the fear of them dying. I've been aware from day 1 of the lifespan and spend too much time thinking about it. I've seen so many members here, some very close ones I consider friends, go through the loss of one or more of their bullies and my heart breaks with them...and I dread the inevitable..when it's my turn to deal with the loss. I know people say enjoy every day while you have them...and I do...but the thought is always present in my mind. Chum turn 6 this year...I got him when he was 8 months and all I can think of is the clock is ticking.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How old is Molly Lisa? Is she not doing well? :(

She is 8, she is doing fine but I have that looming fear that she is past the average bulldog life span now .... :( Her birthday is June 24th

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She is 8, she is doing fine but I have that looming fear that she is past the average bulldog life span now .... :( Her birthday is June 24th

No way!!! Look at Tyson! 10 and strong as an ox! (Besides arthritis) lol

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I fear all of the above also. I do not know what I would do without my Elmo Boy, I do not want to know. He is My World. If someone stole him I would die, Elmo is Healthy, but the fear of something happening to him, I cannot bear this. He is My Big Boy Who I Love So-oo-oo Very Much.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
The most devastating one for me would be if they got stolen and I didn't know what happened to them. I'd never get over it...

Where we live it's also common that dogs gets poisoned to make way for break-ins, that's something that I'm very scared of:( Obviously their health is a concern as well but as long as I do what I can and believe is the right thing, I'll have peace with what ever happens.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Since I have lost 2 bulldogs from surgeries, that one is the biggest concern for me… I swear I'm an absolute basket case on surgery days :fie: Luckily for me I have a wonderful vet now that has put Walter under twice w/NO issues… and a husband that literally will keep me occupied during those days. NOT to mention all of you here at EBN who keep me together…

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
My biggest fear is health issues, but a more immediate concern is leaving her when we go on a week long trip in October. Before we got a dog, I always thought, oh, we can still travel once in awhile, just leave the dog at a boarding kennel. But with Betty, I definitely would not trust her to be taken care of by strangers, we will be having friends looking after her, but I still don't think anyone will be able to take care of her and all her bully quirks like we do, rubbing her belly with coconut oil, checking her skin, cleaning and drying her paws and in between her toes, washing her face wrinkles, etc...I am already dreading being away from her :( I'm going to have to write up a massive manual for whoever watches her!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
My biggest fear is that I will die,and no one will want them. I have little family and I know they don't want them.

We're in the same situation but I've made arrangements with a rescue. If something happens to us they'll get "custody" over all our dogs. People are informed of this and we'll write it in our will (that we hopefully will get done soon:blush2:).

And like [MENTION=6190]Izzy's Mom[/MENTION] said, I don't think you need to worry:assurred: and nothing will happen to you anyway, so all is good:hug:

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OH MY reading all of the answers breaks my heart but at least I know that others worry to the extent that I do! I voted surgery/being put under because she would be so far out of my control and alone. I want Joey to ALWAYS know that I will take care of her always!! I promised her that the day she came home....8 weeks old and scared.

It took me 10 years to get another dog after my Babe (black lab/german shepherd mix) died, she was 16 years old! I was crushed!! I was afraid of feeling that way again that's why it took me so long, then Joey and I found each other!

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Being stolen for sure. I see this happen to so many people. I couldn't imagine going through that.

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
My biggest fear is not looking after George properly I want my dog to be happy and healthy and I'm not sure if I'm up to it but I will do my best for him always.
Closely followed by how I will cope when his life is at an end 😢. But hopefully that's not a concern for many years yet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.