Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

• Overall health concerns...

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Having surgery - being put under....

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Getting stolen or taken from you...

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Their lifespan - as they get older....

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Not being able to care for them properly....

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other (Please explain)....

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
When thinking about your bulldog, what is your greatest fear?

bullypoll.png

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I tend to think of their shorter-than-"normal" life span. Mine are 5years old this year and the worry-wart in me thinks about how many more precious years they have remaining with me.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sensitive topic for me personally, and I always wonder what others think. Two of these are especially sensitive to me, being put under (because we almost lost Tyson due to anesthesia) and now Lifespan. He just turned 10 this month, and my greatest fear is losing him. Sure, he's in top notch health, and we take the up most care of him, but its still a reality.... my heart is so happy however in hearing bullies live much longer past their "expected" lifespan. 13-14-15, that is AWESOME!!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I voted Having surgery - being put under... but it's more of a fear that I have to put him to sleep.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I worry about Dozers overall health, he has so many allergies and doesn't have as much energy as his sister , he's not as strong as her, and then I always think of their life span as they don't live as long as other breeds of dogs and with all their health issues and being so sensitive I worry about them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I fear and at time lose sleep over if they were to be taken or some how got out of the yard..... it terrifies me and I know I would not be able to focus on anything else again until they were back home with me. it is more about the fear of the unknown... where are they, are the being cared for, eating... were they hurt and can't get to help --- OMG, I getting ready to cry typing this. :tissue:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Some of my fears with them are completely asinine, like if they fall down the steps in the snow or when i let Ruthie out at night, I will fall back asleep and forget about her and she freezes to death. I know those won't happen since i'm so careful with snow removal on the steps and i will stand by the kitchen door in the middle of the night to wait for her and she will bark her face off to be let back in.

Right now my major fears are loosing Ruthie to a seizure or i find them dead unexpectedly. I'm super worried about if Brutus has to have eye surgery and they put him under and how he will do with that. I'm just terrified of the day i have to let them go....they are my world. I spend 99% of my time with them and the 3 of us are bonded. I do everything and take them everywhere with me. It will devastate me to my core if something happens to them unexpectedly :(

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I think I would have to say all of the above! I worried about Chumly every single day but if I was honest I think maybe my biggest fear would have been of losing him and not getting him back. I would have been looking for him (even long past his life span) for the rest of my life! With Monty, again I think it would be losing him and not getting him back. I will deal with the other things on the list no matter how hard they may be and as we all know end of life is absolutely devastating but not knowing has no closure and I think it would drive me insane.

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!
I have tears in my eyes just thinking about all the scenarios. My two biggest ones would be major health issues and putting him under.. Which I have to do soon to get him neutered :( this baby is the apple of my eyes and I don't know what I would do if something happened to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I fear that they will die and I won't be able to handle it. I also fear that they will get out of the yard and I won't see them again. I always check the fence before I let them out and make sure it is intact and that the gate is closed. I also never ever let them in the yard alone. I do let them sunbathe on the deck when it isn't too hot, but I can see them at all times. I need a xanax after thinking about this! I am completely irrational when it comes to my babies.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I fear that they will die and I won't be able to handle it. I also fear that they will get out of the yard and I won't see them again. I always check the fence before I let them out and make sure it is intact and that the gate is closed. I also never ever let them in the yard alone. I do let them sunbathe on the deck when it isn't too hot, but I can see them at all times. I need a xanax after thinking about this! I am completely irrational when it comes to my babies.

I feel the same Rosalie, which is what posed me to ask the question. Because I thought maybe I am the only one who is completely obsessed, and wouldn't even know what to do with myself. But glad to see its not just me.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I would have to say about being taken as Bulldogs get stolen here as they are not a common breed even though FTSE is never outside on his own but at times I may run inside to get a drink, answer the phone eg and I go straight back out and there has been a time or two that I can't find him and we only have a small yard bathe will bein the one spot I can't see and my heart sinks and frantically call hi and then he appears looking at me like what's wrong Mum I'm only sniffing the grass, as so far FTSE doesn't have any major health problems but I am scared of putting under anaesthetic as so many we have lost here.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.