Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

Real Name
    Mandy
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Betty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

My biggest fear is health issues, but a more immediate concern is leaving her when we go on a week long trip in October. Before we got a dog, I always thought, oh, we can still travel once in awhile, just leave the dog at a boarding kennel. But with Betty, I definitely would not trust her to be taken care of by strangers, we will be having friends looking after her, but I still don't think anyone will be able to take care of her and all her bully quirks like we do, rubbing her belly with coconut oil, checking her skin, cleaning and drying her paws and in between her toes, washing her face wrinkles, etc...I am already dreading being away from her I'm going to have to write up a massive manual for whoever watches her!
    ~Mom to Betty since 02/02/2016~
    Follow Betty the Bulldog on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/betty.the.bully/

2. Likes TyTysmom, Manydogs liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

We got your back!

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    My biggest fear is that I will die,and no one will want them. I have little family and I know they don't want them.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

4. Likes TyTysmom, Manydogs, Jersey liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    My biggest fear is that I will die,and no one will want them. I have little family and I know they don't want them.
    We're in the same situation but I've made arrangements with a rescue. If something happens to us they'll get "custody" over all our dogs. People are informed of this and we'll write it in our will (that we hopefully will get done soon).

And like @Izzy's Mom said, I don't think you need to worry and nothing will happen to you anyway, so all is good
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

6. Likes Manydogs, 1Chumly liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

OH MY reading all of the answers breaks my heart but at least I know that others worry to the extent that I do! I voted surgery/being put under because she would be so far out of my control and alone. I want Joey to ALWAYS know that I will take care of her always!! I promised her that the day she came home....8 weeks old and scared.

It took me 10 years to get another dog after my Babe (black lab/german shepherd mix) died, she was 16 years old! I was crushed!! I was afraid of feeling that way again that's why it took me so long, then Joey and I found each other!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

8. Likes TyTysmom, Manydogs, Jersey liked this post
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Being stolen for sure. I see this happen to so many people. I couldn't imagine going through that.

10. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

My biggest fear is not looking after George properly I want my dog to be happy and healthy and I'm not sure if I'm up to it but I will do my best for him always.
    Closely followed by how I will cope when his life is at an end 😢. But hopefully that's not a concern for many years yet.

12. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Having to send them across the bridge. After going through that 10 times before, I've come to realize, 'No, it doesn't get easier"...quite the contrary...

Having personally rescued 12 bullies over the past 20 years, I do find some small comfort knowing that the loss of one makes room for another in need.

14. Likes TyTysmom, Jersey liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We have no definite idea about Mabel's age. We would love to have a definite birthdate for her, but feel blessed for every day she is with us.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

I selected health, but I'm a singleton, and my family is not really dog-friendly. If something happened to me, I'd want Bella to go back to her breeder, who's wonderful. I guess I should write a will or something...
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Drowning. Without doubt. If Rogan drops in the shallow end and Emmitt the deep end. Most of the time they have their life jackets on. But both of them take it to the edge. Last year Emmitt dropped in front of me and he came up swimming. Rogan dropped in 2 weeks before and he just sank. Not sank sank. Semi sank. Damn I'm nervous typing this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads