Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

I fear that they will die and I won't be able to handle it. I also fear that they will get out of the yard and I won't see them again. I always check the fence before I let them out and make sure it is intact and that the gate is closed. I also never ever let them in the yard alone. I do let them sunbathe on the deck when it isn't too hot, but I can see them at all times. I need a xanax after thinking about this! I am completely irrational when it comes to my babies.
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: When thinking about your bully, what is your greatest fear?

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I fear that they will die and I won't be able to handle it. I also fear that they will get out of the yard and I won't see them again. I always check the fence before I let them out and make sure it is intact and that the gate is closed. I also never ever let them in the yard alone. I do let them sunbathe on the deck when it isn't too hot, but I can see them at all times. I need a xanax after thinking about this! I am completely irrational when it comes to my babies.
    I feel the same Rosalie, which is what posed me to ask the question. Because I thought maybe I am the only one who is completely obsessed, and wouldn't even know what to do with myself. But glad to see its not just me.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I would have to say about being taken as Bulldogs get stolen here as they are not a common breed even though FTSE is never outside on his own but at times I may run inside to get a drink, answer the phone eg and I go straight back out and there has been a time or two that I can't find him and we only have a small yard bathe will bein the one spot I can't see and my heart sinks and frantically call hi and then he appears looking at me like what's wrong Mum I'm only sniffing the grass, as so far FTSE doesn't have any major health problems but I am scared of putting under anaesthetic as so many we have lost here.

4. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have a daily fear that my oldest girl Molly will leave me any day.... I get sick just going to her crate each morning if she isn't up waiting for me, and still sleeping, my heart sinks until she looks up!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

6. Likes JennieS, 2BullyMama, 1Chumly, Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    I have a daily fear that my oldest girl Molly will leave me any day.... I get sick just going to her crate each morning if she isn't up waiting for me, and still sleeping, my heart sinks until she looks up!
    How old is Molly Lisa? Is she not doing well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

since i own 4 bullies.. my worries differ with each one.. porkchop is the older one so i worry about her life span, rocky is the rescue so i worry about his health, although all seems great right now, abbey also her health because of her allergies, gucci would be life span also.. she is only 4 but don't know what i would do with out any of them.. i'm still suffering over one loss.. i can't take anymore..

9. Likes bullmama, TyTysmom liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I worry...no I am obsessed with the fear of them dying. I've been aware from day 1 of the lifespan and spend too much time thinking about it. I've seen so many members here, some very close ones I consider friends, go through the loss of one or more of their bullies and my heart breaks with them...and I dread the inevitable..when it's my turn to deal with the loss. I know people say enjoy every day while you have them...and I do...but the thought is always present in my mind. Chum turn 6 this year...I got him when he was 8 months and all I can think of is the clock is ticking.

11. Likes TyTysmom, punky liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    How old is Molly Lisa? Is she not doing well?

She is 8, she is doing fine but I have that looming fear that she is past the average bulldog life span now .... Her birthday is June 24th

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

13. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    She is 8, she is doing fine but I have that looming fear that she is past the average bulldog life span now .... Her birthday is June 24th
    No way!!! Look at Tyson! 10 and strong as an ox! (Besides arthritis) lol

My whole heart, Tyson.

15. Likes bullmama, 1Chumly, Manydogs liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I fear all of the above also. I do not know what I would do without my Elmo Boy, I do not want to know. He is My World. If someone stole him I would die, Elmo is Healthy, but the fear of something happening to him, I cannot bear this. He is My Big Boy Who I Love So-oo-oo Very Much.

17. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

The most devastating one for me would be if they got stolen and I didn't know what happened to them. I'd never get over it...

Where we live it's also common that dogs gets poisoned to make way for break-ins, that's something that I'm very scared of Obviously their health is a concern as well but as long as I do what I can and believe is the right thing, I'll have peace with what ever happens.
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

19. Likes TyTysmom, Jersey liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Since I have lost 2 bulldogs from surgeries, that one is the biggest concern for me… I swear I'm an absolute basket case on surgery days Luckily for me I have a wonderful vet now that has put Walter under twice w/NO issues… and a husband that literally will keep me occupied during those days. NOT to mention all of you here at EBN who keep me together…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

21. Likes TyTysmom, Petra, Jersey liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads