Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • NO (please explain)

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?
bullypoll.png

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
No we don't. They entertain themselves by sitting in the window waiting for us to get back home. I may have to start doing that though.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Nope, Castor isn't allowed to watch TV unsupervised, and he wouldn't be interested in the radio as it's too far from his beds!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sometimes - depends. But for the most part, no. He just snoozes anyway, LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
No they just sleep while we are gone. The only exception is if I know there is going to be a storm or fireworks, I will leave all the tvs set to music to drown out the noise. Most times we would just stay home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The boys are crated and sleeping, but we leave on a TV to make sure they do not hear outside noises .... it started when Lambeau was a pup to help him sleep and not have accidents in his crate before the pet sitter arrived --- it worked pretty well too

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
We used to leave the TV on, but I just bought a new one and don't want it on all day :) so instead we just leave the receiver on and we play the audio to animal planet. He sleeps all day anyways so I'm not worried about keeping him entertained :D

IMG_20151207_133450.jpg

I came home during lunch and I don't think he's moved since I got out of the shower at 7:30am

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Tv is left on for them not all the time but half and half well when i remember to leave it on , I do not leave the house a ton , but might be on the property doing something , If it is warm out unlike this past few days there all out most demand to be out here
when it is summer they follow Me around the place like the pied piper and to be honest I love that , the bullies always try to help planting Potatoes and are covered in dirt lol

chopkins

Nov 15, 2013
Chicago, IL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ernie
Ernie listens to the music channel 749 "Classical Masterpieces"...OR channel 741 "Sounds of the Season" while I am away.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
No because I am a nut and worry about fires and the TV as if a dog is on TV Ftse will jump up and I'm worried I will come home with Ftse sprawled on the floor with the TV on top of him

karla9895

Dec 23, 2013
Helena,MT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winter, Queen Shiva, Big Tiger & Louis Vuitton
I always leave the tv on, I feel like she will be watching it and also she won't feel lonely

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
We used to leave the TV on, but I just bought a new one and don't want it on all day :) so instead we just leave the receiver on and we play the audio to animal planet. He sleeps all day anyways so I'm not worried about keeping him entertained :D

View attachment 95038

I came home during lunch and I don't think he's moved since I got out of the shower at 7:30am
yup, I have a bed thief too :) image.jpegi usually leave the radio sometimes the tv on for him. I worry he'll get lonely! My boyfriend thinks I'm ridiculous. Then again I'm also the one who is listening to the office reruns on Netflix on my iPhone to go to sleep lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.