Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • NO (please explain)

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
For short times I leave the TV on. Longer times,the radio. I have this strange fear that the TV might go on fire.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Tv off, but receiver is on playing music for them. Mainly to just drown out outside noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sometimes I will leave it on, but lately Walter has been barking at the TV he especially doesn't like the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. There is one episode where Daisy is blowing bubbles, and I swear he about had a stroke… I could NOT stop laughing… :rofl:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We put on WBJC-FM which is a classical station. Knocks Jewel right out. Bentley is more of an Ozzy Osborne fan. "Dad whatever you play...play it loud!"

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Either or.... and she's in her kennel as she's only 4 months old. The either or might not be intact when I come back.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I didn't until we moved into this new place, but now I leave the TV on mainly to drown out any random hallway noises that they might want to bark at. We live in a big condo building now and sometimes they'll bark over hallway noises and I want to avoid any annoyance to my neighbor's.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I left it on when I first got Chunky but I don't anymore.

I laughed at the replies of dogs watching animal planet because I always turn on that channel when I am not watching tv but chunky is in the room. He gets mad at some of the animals and just sits and barks or tries getting my attention.

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
No George hates the radio he can just about tolerate the tv when we are watching it but he would prefer if it wasn't on as mostly he tries to snore louder than it to drown it out. When I go to put on the radio he barks like crazy until I put it away.
When I leave for work he is sleeping and appears to stay like that till I get home for lunch.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We live in an apt right off a busy street on the third floor corner unit with a balcony that overlooks it all and a busy bus stop just below.
Ever since Chance was a pup he has been interested, intrigued by vehicle noises. Squealing brakes, motorcycles the bump of a trailer, skateboards whizzing down the street and the bus stopping and the doors opening/closing. If he hears a noise that catches his ear he is out on the balcony trying to figure out what one made that noise. He also checks out the humans and if he knows them or thinks he knows them starts to talk as many stand out front and call his name. If he is unsure of someone he sits and growls and once in awhile barks. So this is his entertainment, he gets enough tv with me and loves his sports way too much when i am home

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Absolutely not!!! I'm super OCD with plugs (and a few other things), I'm starting to stress if I have to leave the house quickly so I can't check so everything is off, lol. I'd never intentionally leave anything on, WHAT IF IT STARTS A FIRE!!! I know, I need a psychiatrist:ashamed:

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
That's funny. I do the same thing. My bully loves the animal planet and actually watches tv.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do not want my boy to feel lonely when I'm not there so I live the tv on and make sure it's on Animal Planet. He actually likes to watch the other animals.

RebelLady

Jan 23, 2016
South Mississippi
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus Colonel Rebel (Bo), Hoss (2002 - 2014)
I used to leave it on for Hoss, but only on a cooking channel or something. I left it on Animal Planet, but then I didn't want him to see something like Animal Cops. Those are horrible situations and I didn't want to scare him. Everyone made fun of me, but now they have dog t.v., so I think someone else thought like I do. :D

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Sometimes we do. It depends on if we want to sneak out and make her think we're still here. We have come home and found that she didn't move!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.