Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

We live in an apt right off a busy street on the third floor corner unit with a balcony that overlooks it all and a busy bus stop just below.
    Ever since Chance was a pup he has been interested, intrigued by vehicle noises. Squealing brakes, motorcycles the bump of a trailer, skateboards whizzing down the street and the bus stopping and the doors opening/closing. If he hears a noise that catches his ear he is out on the balcony trying to figure out what one made that noise. He also checks out the humans and if he knows them or thinks he knows them starts to talk as many stand out front and call his name. If he is unsure of someone he sits and growls and once in awhile barks. So this is his entertainment, he gets enough tv with me and loves his sports way too much when i am home

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

Absolutely not!!! I'm super OCD with plugs (and a few other things), I'm starting to stress if I have to leave the house quickly so I can't check so everything is off, lol. I'd never intentionally leave anything on, WHAT IF IT STARTS A FIRE!!! I know, I need a psychiatrist
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Bully Bootie Duty BuddercupKelly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

That's funny. I do the same thing. My bully loves the animal planet and actually watches tv.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do not want my boy to feel lonely when I'm not there so I live the tv on and make sure it's on Animal Planet. He actually likes to watch the other animals.

4. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Newbie Become a 4 Paw Member RebelLady's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus Colonel Rebel (Bo), Hoss (2002 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

I used to leave it on for Hoss, but only on a cooking channel or something. I left it on Animal Planet, but then I didn't want him to see something like Animal Cops. Those are horrible situations and I didn't want to scare him. Everyone made fun of me, but now they have dog t.v., so I think someone else thought like I do.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sometimes we do. It depends on if we want to sneak out and make her think we're still here. We have come home and found that she didn't move!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads