Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

No because I am a nut and worry about fires and the TV as if a dog is on TV Ftse will jump up and I'm worried I will come home with Ftse sprawled on the floor with the TV on top of him
    Two little having fun together

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member karla9895's Avatar
    Real Name
    Karla
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven, Jaco & Luna GaGa
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: When you leave the house, do you leave the TV or radio on for your bully?

I always leave the tv on, I feel like she will be watching it and also she won't feel lonely

3. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoimangos View Post
    We used to leave the TV on, but I just bought a new one and don't want it on all day so instead we just leave the receiver on and we play the audio to animal planet. He sleeps all day anyways so I'm not worried about keeping him entertained

Attachment 95038

I came home during lunch and I don't think he's moved since I got out of the shower at 7:30am
    yup, I have a bed thief too -image-jpegi usually leave the radio sometimes the tv on for him. I worry he'll get lonely! My boyfriend thinks I'm ridiculous. Then again I'm also the one who is listening to the office reruns on Netflix on my iPhone to go to sleep lol

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro
    Likes (Received)

For short times I leave the TV on. Longer times,the radio. I have this strange fear that the TV might go on fire.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boxorox View Post
    Attachment 95040of course. She is Animal Planet junky.
    Lolololol I love it!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Tv off, but receiver is on playing music for them. Mainly to just drown out outside noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes I will leave it on, but lately Walter has been barking at the TV he especially doesn't like the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. There is one episode where Daisy is blowing bubbles, and I swear he about had a stroke… I could NOT stop laughing…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We put on WBJC-FM which is a classical station. Knocks Jewel right out. Bentley is more of an Ozzy Osborne fan. "Dad whatever you play...play it loud!"

10. Likes CCandMurray, Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Either or.... and she's in her kennel as she's only 4 months old. The either or might not be intact when I come back.

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

I didn't until we moved into this new place, but now I leave the TV on mainly to drown out any random hallway noises that they might want to bark at. We live in a big condo building now and sometimes they'll bark over hallway noises and I want to avoid any annoyance to my neighbor's.

13. Likes dolphin liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

I left it on when I first got Chunky but I don't anymore.

I laughed at the replies of dogs watching animal planet because I always turn on that channel when I am not watching tv but chunky is in the room. He gets mad at some of the animals and just sits and barks or tries getting my attention.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

15. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

No George hates the radio he can just about tolerate the tv when we are watching it but he would prefer if it wasn't on as mostly he tries to snore louder than it to drown it out. When I go to put on the radio he barks like crazy until I put it away.
    When I leave for work he is sleeping and appears to stay like that till I get home for lunch.

17. Likes Manydogs liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads