Daily poll: How does your bulldog let you know they need to go out?

How does your bulldog let you know they need to go out?

• Rings a bell or other mechanical object

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Barks

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Sits/lays by the door

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Comes over to get you

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How does your bulldog let you know they need to go out?
bullypoll.png

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
they go sit by the door and just stare at me... when my odie was little if i didnt notice him soon he would go right by the door.. i always felt like it was my fault for not noticing him.. but he never waited very long.. now my rocky does it.. but he waits.. lol..

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I take mine out regular ( proud daddy ) but if they want out they make a funny wine sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Harvey without making any noise, will go to the French Door, that leads to the backyard. That is my queue to let him out, either to pee, do his binness or just go out as he is bored inside the house.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson will get up, stand right in front of me, and just stare at me. LOL That is my signal to get up, and grab the leash :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus will stand by the back door, and Frankie will talk to you in a sort of Chewbacca language!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
FTSE will sit by the door and if I don't notice he will whine and get louder and louder

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor very rarely says he needs to go. We take him out every five hours or so during the day evening and then he likes to sleep late in the morning, so I guess he's got a strong bladder!

ccbulldog

Sep 22, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
We use the "poochie bells". Rosie was really easy to train with the bells...otherwise she would just sit by the door and I felt like I had to keep a constant eye on her.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
lol they go to the sliding glass door some whine some prance around some come up to me and run back to the door , Except Diva she if it is too hot or cold out sneaks into the main floor bathroom and does it on the tiles , I have been much to My displeasure been able to stop her from doing this !

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
We have crazy schedules here so the doors are always opening (every hour or two). He just bombs his way out the door every time it opens, does his thing, explores the grounds for a minute or two then sprints right back. Unless it's raining or snowing, then I have to force the issue slightly (sometimes I have to carry him, stubborn barstid)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty comes and stares at me and then does his 'Chewbacca' thing. I am not sure he knows where the door is!!!!! (I am not kidding) He doesn't do doors well. When we go out, more often that not he stands at the hinge side and wonders why it isn't opening.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom will start with a quiet whine, which sounds like a baby, and it will get louder and louder until you take her out.
Bulldozer never makes a peep, he doesn't bark or whine ever. He is on the same schedule as Blossom and they go out at the same time. They usually go out every 4 to 5 hours during the day for potty and we go for a long walk in the evening.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.