Daily poll: Does your bulldog have health insurance?

Does your bulldog have health insurance?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does your bulldog have health insurance?
bullypoll.png

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Yes, Castor has an insurance which covers part of veterinary costs but it does not cover medicine costs. It's expensive but it did cover two thirds of the cost for his soft palate / nares surgery last year and this year it has so far paid for some costs in connection with an eye ulcer, so I realise the value of having him insured.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Not anymore. I had Trupanion for Blue. Had it for 2 years and recently cancelled. They denied most of his bills, claiming pre-exisiting even if there was never a diagnosis, but a simple mention of something in his chart.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, I have Trupanion for both; i think i'm fortunate b/c i enrolled both of them as soon as I brought them home so I had no pre-existing conditions to document.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Yes, I have Trupanion for both; i think i'm fortunate b/c i enrolled both of them as soon as I brought them home so I had no pre-existing conditions to document.

I have Trupanion as well, have had for two months. I pay $90 a month for both Bullies. Do you mind saying if your cost is about the same? My mother has insurance for her Boxer and pays less than $20 a month. I don't know who it is through or what it covers though.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have Trupanion as well, have had for two months. I pay $90 a month for both Bullies. Do you mind saying if your cost is about the same? My mother has insurance for her Boxer and pays less than $20 a month. I don't know who it is through or what it covers though.

that's a good rate for both. I pay more: $116 for both with each having a $500 deductible. I was paying more but i increased the deductible. I know my rate has gone up since i've had the insurance, most likely b/c i had several claims for both boys.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has Trupanion and they have paid everything we have submitted. Sadly, we all know others that have had Trupanion that they didn't pay squat so it is obviously hit or miss.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
No, he has a savings account. I had one on my other dog and it just wasn't worth it so we now put that money + $$ into a savings account. It will be used for emergencies or big bills only, not every day stuff.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We are on Petplan and have yet to submit anything have had some difficulties getting them to realize we are canadian. unless you know your number can be very confusing.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Yes, we have Healthy Paws Insurance and so far are very happy with them. We have a $500 deductible, and then they reimburse us at 90%. So far we have been reimbursed with in 5-7 days of filing a claim. It has really come in handy since he has been doing allergy testing and drops, and Apoquel. They haven't given us any grief over treatment.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
No not anymore I got sick of it doubling every year and they not paying so I thought I would drop out and I will pay if FTSE ever needs anything

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stigs does since we thought it would be smart seeing we got him when he was a teenager and didn't have any pre-existings. It's not cheap, but it did help us when we were having trouble controlling his allergies.

We decided not to get one for Punks because he was already 4 years old when he joined our fam and he had multiple issues already. He's had numerous vet visits, including reoccurring ones for cold laser therapy, but we wouldn't have it any other way. He deserves to be healthy and happy, even if we need to tighten our belt a little bit more. :yes:

But I must say that without the help of this forum, there would be 10x the vet visits. Being able to order some meds online (from US websites!) is helping a great deal too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online