Daily Poll: When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house?

• Yes

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • No (please explain)

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When you leave your bulldog at home, do they get free roam of your house? :rundog:
bullypoll.png

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I used to let Henry have free roam but he would on occasion be too lazy to hold his pee pee and go on my couch. So now, depending on if I'm gone a couple hours or several hours he either is confined to the kitchen and dining area or in his crate. If there is a rug he may go ahead and use it if he gets the urge. Therefore he doesn't get the whole house any longer and I leave the rug so I know if he's had an accident.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Every room but the bathroom. But we live in a 1 bedroom apartment.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, free roam, but we close off all doors to rooms, except our room where his bed is.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster has access to the living room the den and the kitchen, Elsa stays in her x-pen when we we're gone.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Yes, but the bedroom is out of limits.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie stays in her crate when we're gone. She's only a year old and I don't quite trust her not to pee on the floor or not to eat stuff she shouldn't. My prior 3 bullies were allowed free roam of the house by the time they were a year old, but I can't quite trust Winnie yet! :fie:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Dozer and Blossom are crated when we aren't home, but that doesn't happen too often since there is usually always someone home.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We keep the bathroom door closed, but apart from that, Castor is allowed everywhere.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pisspot has taken a liking to destroying shoes.... :stinkeye:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty goes in the utility room with a baby gate. He has full view of the living room, kitchen, breakfast area but I think he is snoring on his bed before I am out the door! He also sleeps in there at night. I just don't quite trust him not to chew on something (like a chair rung, it's the perfect height!) when we are gone.

MSUDawg

Dec 3, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella has free roam of the kitchen and living room. I keep a few boxes in between the door to my bedroom and have been in place since I got her as a baby. She knows she is not allowed to jump over those boxes and has never done so while I have been gone. I have to leave the door open due to not wanting to keep my cat locked up all day. The old lady of the house ( My cat is 10 years old) tolerates Bella without any major problems.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola has earned free roam of the house, but rarely leaves our bed while we are at work

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
If I'm gone all day, we put him in his crate. If I'm just gone a few hours- I close the bedroom doors and he stays out. Doesn't matter much he rarely moves off his pillow on the couch

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online