Daily poll: Is your bulldog afraid of fireworks?

Is your bulldog afraid of fireworks?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is your bulldog afraid of fireworks?

bullypoll.png

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I don't know yet. This will be Winnie's first July 4th. My guess is that she will bark and run outside, but won't be too terrified. We used to be able to see a huge firework display from our backyard, but they stopped doing them. That was fun and most of our dogs didn't get scared. One boxer did and one bully did get scared and ran for the door!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
One has never been and one isn't anymore.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yes Brutus hides and barks by the back door and Frankie goes nuts. I put them in their kennels if we are outside with the tv on for sound. We never go out on July 4th because I don't want my babies to be nervous.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
No. In fact last night there was a huge display on the Hudson here (due to supreme court ruling on marriage). We were able to see the entire
thing from our apartment so the boys laid in bed, staring out the windows at the display. Didn't faze them at all- not even the noise. They were both very into it and didn't look away the entire time.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I wouldn't say "afraid" but they do get annoyed by the loud booms and bark like mad. Seems like they're more curious with what the noises are from. They do not hide or run away but want to see WTH is causing all the dang racket.
This Wed the city adjacent to me, Altadena, will have their annual huge fireworks show which we can hear. Should be an interesting night!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
remains to be seen. 1st 4th of July for harvey ever.

Now, will probably not know as fireworks are illegal in Yorba Linda.

I wish they were illegal here… not only does it drive most dogs crazy, so MANY of them run away which causes heartache for the families. NOT to mention all of the soldiers that are here dealing w/PTSD… personally I'm starting to hate the holiday!!! I wish they just had the professional show and not let the so-called experts set them off…

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I wish they were illegal here… not only does it drive most dogs crazy, so MANY of them run away which causes heartache for the families. NOT to mention all of the soldiers that are here dealing w/PTSD… personally I'm starting to hate the holiday!!! I wish they just had the professional show and not let the so-called experts set them off…

sorry to hear this. I am with you. It happens to be illegal in our area as we have hilly areas that have thick brushes. With the water issues they are particularly crisp dry and are prone to wild fires. We can head out towards disneyland to see the fireworks.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
fireworks are illegal here in my city of Pasadena as well but that doesn't stop people from buying them from towns that do legalize them and shooting them off here. Too many stories of animals running away, jumping a fence into traffic. And the "party" has already started...always starts beginning of June.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Only professionals are allowed to set them off here. I think this is the first year consumers are allowed to have sparklers in NY.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
fireworks are illegal here in my city of Pasadena as well but that doesn't stop people from buying them from towns that do legalize them and shooting them off here. Too many stories of animals running away, jumping a fence into traffic. And the "party" has already started...always starts beginning of June.

OH they have already started here too… I'm already over it, and the forth is days away!!! Lol

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
It's their first of July so we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.