Daily poll: Do you walk your bulldog on a consistent basis? Be honest...

Do you walk your bulldog on a consistent basis? Be honest...

• Yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Yes, but not today.
Last night, I slipped on WB's slobbery water.
It's very slippery on ceramic tile.
Landed flat on my back. Hard. Again.
Thank God for my Spinal Fusion in 1968.
Managed to get both hands down.
I put a nice, absorbent sponge mat under his water bowl.
Hope he doesn't chew it up!
Else his water dish goes in his crate from now on.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:droolers::walk::rundog::butterfly: Yes, we walk our furballs twice a day, once in the morning and once In the evening just before we go to bed. Their walks are about 20 minutes each. During the day we go out for potty breaks about every 4 or 5 hours.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
NOPE maybe 3x a year. We have a quarter acre fenced yard Vegas is free to roam. BUT we live in FL. where it is very hot. I limit his time out to about 5-7 minutes and call him right back in.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
nope.... open back door and say ... GO!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Yes, we live in a flat so Castor cannot go out on his own. 3, sometimes 4, walks per day and then a quick potty break right before bed time. During weekends we take the car and go for off-leash walks in the forest.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I answered no. Brutus hates to walk, so that is out. He will just lay down about half way down the block and that's that! Frankie loves to walk and I do try to take him but not as often as I should. They both have free roam of the fenced in yard, so they run around out there all the time. They made a home made doggie door! It's the greatest thing. Ya see, they ran through the screen of the sliders leading to the back deck and now they just walk in and out whenever they feel like it. I always leave the glass door open when we are home and they love it. The screen is still in the door and attached to the top and top sides, so it kind of lays flat and still keeps the flies and stuff out of the house! Win Win for everyone!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
When we lived in the city we use to walk them 3-4 times a day and at least one of the walks was a long walk something between 2-5 miles. Now that we live in the country side they are mostly free on the yard sometimes for hours and if the weather is not good then of course not for so long. We do take them on a longer walk about 2-3 times a week to the forrest or the field.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Um, no. First of all... It's too hot in MS most of the year. Second, he runs around the half acre back yard when he goes potty. Third, when I have tried we get to the end of the driveway or around the cul de sac and then he sits and looks at me like- nope. I'm done. So we're kinda lazy

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
I walk molly twice a day just depends on how far she wants to go sometimes we make it two houses and sometimes two blocks Its up to the bully lol

wolf3533

May 6, 2015
NY
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hope, Faith, and Honey
no, hope runs and plays with our other dogs and we have a fenced in yard for them to play in.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
No, mainly because in summer it's way to hot, rarely under 90°F... And I can't walk them myself cos there are to many loose dogs roaming the streets here. We have to be armed with pepper spray and a stick to fence them off. We do walk them on weekends if the temperature allows it though.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes, but the distance varies. Bella could stay out all day long--the variable is always me. :)

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
We live in a condo with just a small back patio, so I have to take Effie for walks. We do a 15 minute walk in the morning before I leave for work. My husband comes home on his hour lunch break and takes her on another 15-20 minute walk. Then we take her on a longer evening walk once the sun has started to set- this is usually our longest walk, maybe about 30 minutes or so. If she's having a good time we'll stay outside as long as she wants. We have a large field out in behind our condo association that she loves to play in. Would be nice if we didn't have to keep her on a leash. We're in the process of looking for our 1st home to buy- a fenced in backyard is on the wish list :)

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Yes, twice a day, dinner time about 10 minutes and night about 15-20 minutes as it's cooler, he's only 4 month old and that's enough haha, he's flat out after his night time walk from 8pm till when we wake up at 6:30 then he goes out on the garden and does his business. We've got quite a big garden so he runs around there for a bit in the morning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.