Daily poll: Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

• Family

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Friends

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Vets office

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Pet Hotel

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Groomer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None, left to fend for themselves

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok fess up, who said they leave them to fend for themselves??? Lol

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
We went away once when Raven was younger and we had my sister house sit. Then last year my dad babysat her at their house. Now that we have both Raven and Ty I need to work on it because two will be a lot for my dad since he has a dog of his own. I don't mind finding places to drive but Raven gets a bit of anxiety on drives to the point that I had to get her meds. So I may have to find a house sitter again or find a kennel I really feel safe with. As much as I hate to be without them, I need a vacation to unwind before I start spazzing out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I don't quite understand the meaning of away....We're never away....but when we lived in Helsinki my cousin took care of Usko on our last "away"...so that's almost three years since last "away". We didn't have Voitto and were still living in the city. Had a long weekend in Berlin. She's promised to come and stay with the boys if we wan't to go somewhere, but she needs to have a holiday from work at the same time...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We take them with us. All vacations are planned around them.

If we needed to go somewhere they couldn't come, I'd have my parents stay here with them.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
when we go on vacation they come with us. Everyone has their place in the backseat; Kristana gets a window, Amber gets a window and Rudy is in the middle. Now, if we go on a cruise or something like that then my son comes and stays at the house with the bullies. Our girls are never without family in paws reach.

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
We've only taken one trip with Effie so far. We took her to Roanoke VA. when we went to visit my Aunt for Easter. It was only about a 4.5 hour drive from our home in Virginia Beach. She slept in her crate virtually the whole way :) I'm flying to Wisconsin in May to visit my parents and my husband is going to stay behind to watch Effie (still not sure if I'm totally comfortable with that either! LOL!). We're going to Florida in August and she'll be coming with us! Hopefully she does okay on the 10 hour drive...

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm not sure what to vote... if we leave for a few hours during the day they stay at home by themselves. But they are not in crates... they have their own rooms since I'm to scared to leave them together in case they would start a fight. We never go anywhere both of us... I go to Sweden for about two weeks once a year, then my husband is home with the dogs. He goes to his hometown sometimes to visit friends and sleeps over, then I'm home with the dogs. We haven't been anywhere together since march 2010... life with a bulldog:tongue:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm not sure what to vote... if we leave for a few hours during the day they stay at home by themselves. But they are not in crates... they have their own rooms since I'm to scared to leave them together in case they would start a fight. We never go anywhere both of us... I go to Sweden for about two weeks once a year, then my husband is home with the dogs. He goes to his hometown sometimes to visit friends and sleeps over, then I'm home with the dogs. We haven't been anywhere together since march 2010... life with a bulldog:tongue:

2010 wow.. for us it's been since 2013 (we got Blue in january of 2013.. it was over that day..lol)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Ordinary work days, Castor is alone at home for up to five hours, but if we leave town for a whole day and cannot take him with us, he goes to my parents.

If we go away for several days and cannot take him with us, he goes on holiday to a very nice boarding kennel out in the countryside. The people there are great with Castor and he seems to love it there too.

radiogirl107

Jun 4, 2014
Indiana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor, Matilda
I take Matilda to work with me everyday and her Dad picks her up on his way home. We haven't taken a real vacation yet... But have one coming up next month.... She is going to stay at her grandparents house for the week.

Members online

No members online now.