Daily poll: Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

• Family

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Friends

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Vets office

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Pet Hotel

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Groomer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None, left to fend for themselves

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Who cares for your bulldog when you're away?

attachment.php

Vader The Bully

Mar 20, 2015
Chino Hills, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Darth Vader
Our schedules work out perfectly so there is always somebody here with him. I think the longest we've left him alone is 3 hours or so. I think he's very spoiled in that regard :tongue:

As far as for longer trips and such, we haven't take one since getting him, but we have family and friends ready to babysit when we eventually do.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We hardly ever travel; but if we do, we take Ty with us. I don't trust anyone with him. The only time we've ever left him was for a week when we went on our honeymoon -and- that trip was cut 2 days short when we got a call from our sitter who was at the ER Vet with him, bc he started peeing blood. Ugh. Talk about honeymoon gone bad. It was lovely up until then. As soon as we got the call at 3AM to the resort, we packed our bags and were on the next flight out. Drove directly from airport to ER. So yeah. That's about it for vacays.

Vader The Bully

Mar 20, 2015
Chino Hills, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Darth Vader
We hardly ever travel; but if we do, we take Ty with us. I don't trust anyone with him. The only time we've ever left him was for a week when we went on our honeymoon -and- that trip was cut 2 days short when we got a call from our sitter who was at the ER Vet with him, bc he started peeing blood. Ugh. Talk about honeymoon gone bad. It was lovely up until then. As soon as we got the call at 3AM to the resort, we packed our bags and were on the next flight out. Drove directly from airport to ER. So yeah. That's about it for vacays.

When you travel, do you just drive everywhere or have you flown with him?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
When you travel, do you just drive everywhere or have you flown with him?

We Drive. We flew once with him, but it was on a private plane a friend owns - so he walked up on the plane like we did, all cool. LOL .... and it was only a 30 min flight.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Roy and I are both at home all day, so most of the time at least one of us is with them. If we go out of town (hardly ever) a friend comes to stay the whole time we're away. Recently, I boarded them overnight where I've also taken them to daycare (to help socialize Winnie), because hubby was in the hospital and our friend was out of town. It's a wonderful place and I trust them to take excellent care of my babies. If we're gone a couple of hours, they stay in the crate at home.

Vader The Bully

Mar 20, 2015
Chino Hills, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Darth Vader
We Drive. We flew once with him, but it was on a private plane a friend owns - so he walked up on the plane like we did, all cool. LOL .... and it was only a 30 min flight.

Haha oh that's awesome! Yeah I'm super paranoid about ever flying commercial with him so I think we'll be driving everywhere now

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Haha oh that's awesome! Yeah I'm super paranoid about ever flying commercial with him so I think we'll be driving everywhere now

Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm putting him in a crate for some airline ppl to handle. Nope... I'll drive with him no matter how long it takes, LOL

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None of the major carriers will even fly bulldogs, to dangerous with their little airways. We've never left Buster alone even for a night.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Usually family do but not no more, thinking of having our friends house sit and Ftse sit.
Just a bit afraid Ftse may try to eat them

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have a very good friend who used to be a vet tech, she babysits dogs in her home. She also good friends w/my vet so it works out in an emergency… we are extremely lucky!!! Plus her dog Choco is Wally's best friend ;)

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Wheezie and Abbott go to the grandparents every week day and if we go on vacation.They love them and I only trust them to look after our babies..

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
They won't let me go anywhere :tissue::bulldog::bulldog::bulldog::bulldog: Their mean, I tell ya'.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
For short periods my dad will watch Harlea. Anything longer than a few hours she either goes with us or we don't go.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
This is my nightmare. we used to have family watch the labs but my SIL has deemed Brutus "uncooperative"! Imagine that! We have only done short 5 day trips since we have added Frankie. We have a 10 day cruise coming up in July and I havent a clue who is going to house/bully sit. Frankie is a handful and I am so nervous no one will be able to handle him.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.