Daily poll: Taxidermy for your bulldog? Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to the

Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to the Rainbow Bri

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 96.8%

• Total voters

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Petra, I have the ashes of 3 dogs in my living room. I thought I would keep them forever, but I think we're going to bury them in the garden this summer, since they all loved being outside. Norton used to "help" in the yard by digging holes for me to plant things. It's taken me a long time to part with them, but I am OK with it now. I always buy an engraved river rock for the garden when one of them dies. I'd rather take those with me than the ashes. Besides, if I stuffed Mabel, I'd always think a wrinkle needed cleaning or her butt needed wiping. Old habits are hard to break.

I wouldn't have a problem burying them if we lived in a place we wanted to stay at... I know I couldn't move knowing they are left behind and I know we will leave this place. I don't feel I need to keep the ashes forever... I would eventually want to scatter the ashes somewhere really nice and precious to me, somewhere I know I can visit if I want to. It's more for me than for them, I know they are not kept in a spot after they die but it's important to me to have a spot I can visit.

Members online

No members online now.