Daily poll: Taxidermy for your bulldog? Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to the

Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to the Rainbow Bri

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 96.8%

• Total voters

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Maybe go to build a bear or some company to make a TOY that resembled Goob but never stuff HIM. I think that's reserved for hunters that want to display their prize.
Once your heart has bonded with an animal, taxidermy becomes creepy...creepIER.

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Nope...it would totally creep me out and make it harder to move on. I've watched TV shows about it though and for some people it really seems to help them cope. I don't think there is anything wrong with it but personally it would just freak me out. My horse just passed away and I have a piece of his mane that is being made into a necklace locket. I would do a pawprint or something similar for a dog.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I'm all alone with my yes. I have a customer that owns a large crematory. Both human and pet. The stories he has told me including watching the process made me think. As we all know some pet owners (not us) spend a fortune on their pets and holding on as long as possible means everything. Never know. Weesie goes before me it might be cheaper to stuff her versus a regular burial. Ralphie

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
No, it would make me sad to see them without life in their eyes. I want to cremate them but my husband wants to bury them in our garden. I'm not feeling ok with that... what if we move? I want to be able to keep their remains close.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I couldn't do it. When baileys passed it broke my heart, I v never cried so much in my life. I have her ashes in a lovely box near where I sleep.
For me it's a defo NO but I can see why folk would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I have issues with people doing things to dead bodies. Really. I don't even like funerals and the idea of preparing dead bodies (removing organs, filling the corpse with fluid, styling hair, dressing in clothing, etc) for viewings. Just....no. I don't want anyone messing with my body once I'm dead. It's morbid! I am certainly not going to be responsible for doing that to someone else's body.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Daily poll: Taxidermy for your bulldog? Do you think it is appropriate to stu...

I couldn't do it - it just wouldn't feel right seeing her without life in her eyes I would also like to think she was at rest,, if she was stuffed in my house I wouldn't be able to seek comfort in the fact she was at rest & then I'd feel guilty.
but each to their own I can understand why people would do it tho..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Bertha Bacon would just puke up the stuffing like everything else from eating/drinking too fast. Seriously, I think my fur kids should find peace when they pass.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
As much as I love my stinkers I couldn't bring myself to do that. When they are gone, I will have pictures and memories. I don't think I could stand a stuffed version of my fur babies. Feels a bit creepy.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
No, it would make me sad to see them without life in their eyes. I want to cremate them but my husband wants to bury them in our garden. I'm not feeling ok with that... what if we move? I want to be able to keep their remains close.

Petra, I have the ashes of 3 dogs in my living room. I thought I would keep them forever, but I think we're going to bury them in the garden this summer, since they all loved being outside. Norton used to "help" in the yard by digging holes for me to plant things. It's taken me a long time to part with them, but I am OK with it now. I always buy an engraved river rock for the garden when one of them dies. I'd rather take those with me than the ashes. Besides, if I stuffed Mabel, I'd always think a wrinkle needed cleaning or her butt needed wiping. Old habits are hard to break.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.