Poll: Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to the Rainbow Bri

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily poll: Taxidermy for your bulldog? Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to the

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: Taxidermy for your bulldog? Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to

Eh. No way Jose.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: Taxidermy for your bulldog? Do you think it is appropriate to stuff your beloved bulldog after he/she goes to

You know, Roy Rogers had Trigger stuffed and put in his museum. He also wanted to be stuffed, and put there-but wasn't allowed. Museum is no longer, and his family sold everything. I couldn't do it because it would make me more sad, each time I saw them stuffed. If, however my sons had me stuffed-they would use me for target practice.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    You know, Roy Rogers had Trigger stuffed and put in his museum. He also wanted to be stuffed, and put there-but wasn't allowed. Museum is no longer, and his family sold everything. I couldn't do it because it would make me more sad, each time I saw them stuffed. If, however my sons had me stuffed-they would use me for target practice.

Very funny, @Manydogs at least they are not using your stuffing as part of a lively festivity like, hmmmn a pinata?
    Hug your bully today

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@harveyspecter One never knows............fill me with margaritas!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Maybe go to build a bear or some company to make a TOY that resembled Goob but never stuff HIM. I think that's reserved for hunters that want to display their prize.
    Once your heart has bonded with an animal, taxidermy becomes creepy...creepIER.
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

6. Likes bullmama liked this post
    Real Name
    Olivia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle
    Likes (Received)

Nope...it would totally creep me out and make it harder to move on. I've watched TV shows about it though and for some people it really seems to help them cope. I don't think there is anything wrong with it but personally it would just freak me out. My horse just passed away and I have a piece of his mane that is being made into a necklace locket. I would do a pawprint or something similar for a dog.
    "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
    ― Charles de Gaulle

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Um, no. But to each his/her own!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

I'm all alone with my yes. I have a customer that owns a large crematory. Both human and pet. The stories he has told me including watching the process made me think. As we all know some pet owners (not us) spend a fortune on their pets and holding on as long as possible means everything. Never know. Weesie goes before me it might be cheaper to stuff her versus a regular burial. Ralphie

10. Likes bullmama liked this post
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

No would not stuff my husband so I wouldn't stuff Ftse either

12. Likes ChrisRN, Libra926 liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

No, it would make me sad to see them without life in their eyes. I want to cremate them but my husband wants to bury them in our garden. I'm not feeling ok with that... what if we move? I want to be able to keep their remains close.
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

14. Likes Libra926, bullmama liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Would you stuff one of your family members and keep them around? No, I would never do it.
    Probably would be the only way I could stand to be in the room with them..

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)

No... definitely a paw print, probably cremation and ashes spread in our favorite vacation spot. Also, her picture and a donation to Dog Mountain.. Dog Mountain, Home of Stephen Huneck Gallery

17. Likes bullmama, 2BullyMama, Libra926 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads