Daily poll: Does your house smell like "dog"?

Does your house smell like "dog"?

• Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • NO (please explain)

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I certainly hope it doesn't am so paranoid that it does I too ask people I know who would not be back wards in telling me, but on rainy days I do smell it slightly and it sends me potty so I vacuum and rewash all the floors and blankets etc

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I discovered swiffer wet jet with Gain, and my house smells amazing for at least an hour or so! I also have a Shark that I steam clean the floors with that makes a huge difference, too! For the most part it doesn't stink. The puppy pads go straight outside to the garbage, toys get a bath at least once a week, and they don't really like their beds so they get a spritz with febreze a few times a week, washed once a month and they're good to go!

Becareful with the swiffer wet jet. I cant prove it but I swear it killed one of my labs. She was healthy, I started using it and she dies soon after of organ failure.

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
My house smells so much better since I got rid of their microfiber sofa in November..I keep the new one covered I with a washable cover but I still burn candles whenever someone come over just in case lol

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I feed raw too but there's teen-ager smell and there's dog smell - they're different but they're both distinctive. You walk in my kids' room, it smells like teen-ager... that teen-age armpit smell only a mother can love. Then you walk by the kennels and you smell the dog sweat smell only a dog lover can love. The teen-agers and dogs themselves don't smell, so not sure why their rooms smell like that. Sunshine is usually enough to take care of it, so I open up all the drapes and blinds to these rooms as soon as the kids wake up and turn on the fan. And Arm and Hammer vacuum powder for the carpet (my kids' rooms are the only rooms with carpet - thinking of pulling it out and changing with wood floors).

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Becareful with the swiffer wet jet. I cant prove it but I swear it killed one of my labs. She was healthy, I started using it and she dies soon after of organ failure.

Active ingredients show one has the same chemicals as antifreeze.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Active ingredients show one has the same chemicals as antifreeze.
This happened about 11yrs ago. She was a great dog perfectly healthy. I cleaned the kitchen floor with it every night. We had just moved into the house and I had never used it before. She must have been licking the floor or something. She literally dies within three days. She started throwing up on a friday night and was dead by monday morning.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It means it drives me mad or up the wall, etc.

I have heard about Swiffer Jet before but it is supposed to be an urban legend. Swiffer Wet Jet | ASPCA
I feel very sorry for people that have lost pets though

It might be. You know how they have those vendors who sell at state fairs? One of them was selling a type of cloth that you can use with water to clean windows and stuff. Microfiber cloth. One of the selling points was that the chemical that comes with the swiffer wet jet does have a active ingredient that is the same found in antifreeze. It worked because I bought into it.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Daily poll: Does your house smell like "dog"?

Okay I was looking and it looks like swiffer has ethylene or ethanol in it. Ethylene glycol is what is in antifreeze. I have no idea what the difference between ethanol versus ethanol glycol is.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424883387.832239.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
House doesn't smell like dog but our hardwood needs mowing. Dang fur even grows under the couches. Mr Dyson has met his match. Ralphie

DITTO X 1,000 :ohmy:

I'm a neat freak and I clean obsessively. We've only had Belle since last week but I'm already very careful to clean up after her. She tends to drool on the couch so I clean them at least twice a day and I vacuum nightly. Our house is new so I'm dedicated to keeping it smelling fresh :cool: We also have two little boys and a cat so it's a full time job.

I'm like you, I'm obsessively clean and my house is newish. However, my doggie allergies, career, and daily exercise have taken most of my energy/time. I really want to hire a regular cleaning service, but, sadly, I don't have unlimited funds. ;)

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I said no but I may be wrong. In any case if anyone has a problem with how my house smells and it has anything to do with Buster they are not welcome in my home.

Members online

No members online now.