Poll: Do you own your bully or does your bully own you?

Thread: Daily poll: Do you own your bully or does your bully own you?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Daily poll: Do you own your bully or does your bully own you?

Do you own your bully or does your bully own you?
    -bullypoll-png

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: Do you own your bully or does your bully own you?

I guess they own me. They are my life-they have saved my life. MY world revolves around THEM. I make sure they have food, when I don't. I worry every time I have to leave them. At this time,I am worrying what is going to happen to them when I am gone.They are spoiled brats,(but sweet) and they are so innocent.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

I don't think I own him or he owns me. We are just like a foster forever family. There is my English Bulldog and my Basenji.
    In my darkest hour I reached for a hand and found a paw.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I would have to say a little bit of both.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure I understand the use of the word "own" in this poll. I'm not a native English speaker - English is only my 3rd language - so I might be misunderstanding the expression. I clicked on other.

I own the dogs as in - I'm responsible for their welfare. No-one else but my family decides the care given to these dogs.

The dog owns me - If I understand this correctly, this means you wait on the dog... they control your actions. They are alpha. This doesn't apply to our dogs because we're of the opinion that this is not a good place to be. We believe it is not good for the humans and the dogs.

My relationship to my pets is not really ownership (i.e., possession - like, I own my car). Rather, it's stewardship. The stewardship carries with it its own duties specific to the dog. It requires a balance between the welfare of the steward and the welfare of everything under the stewardship of the steward. So much so that a dog cannot control the steward because it will upset that balance - a dog is not cognizant of the welfare of everything the steward has stewardship over - only the steward (being human) has that ability to reason.

This is something my mother has always taught me (she's a dog rescuer and we would sometimes have 20 dogs in the house at the same time - with the cats, birds, chickens, pigs, etc.) - We have a family dynamic. The family dynamic does not shift to make a dog (or even a new baby) the center of the universe. Rather, the dog (or the new baby), finds its place within the family dynamic. You hear it all the time - a dog ends up in the animal shelter because the family had a new baby - the family shifted its family dynamic to make the new baby the center of the universe. (Note, I'm not saying all families that send their dogs to the shelter due to a baby shifted its dynamic - there are valid reasons for a dog having to be rehomed due to a new baby. I was just giving an example of a shifting dynamic).

... but anyway, I don't know why I always feel like I have to make a fun poll into a soapbox. Hah hah...

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I own one..one owns me.

Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley
    Likes (Received)

Well tonight I'm laying on the floor and Chumley is on the comfy lounge with a nice blanket underneath him so I guess he is ruling the roost

Remove Ads