Poll: Have you found the right food for your bulldog?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily poll: Have you found the right food for your bulldog?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abraham "Abe"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: Have you found the right food for your bulldog?

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Lamb and Oatmeal for puppies.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willie G, Winston (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Grain Free and Vegas Stew

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

V-Dog for my guys right now,time will tell but so far no problems.

So after being on 2 bags of fromm game bird Winston is now another yeast farm. ... he instantly looked better on game bird from the beef. Within 2 days! ! His cysts on paws went away, eye gunk looked much better, stopped licking paws Etc. Now. .... 2 small bags later eyes awful, ear infection in one ear, cysts back. poor baby. Rolling all over the place to scratch his back. Back to vet, back on all his meds. Vet not sure if it's food or immune. Recommending trying another fromm. We have done the fish, the beef and now the game bird. Any ideas @2BullyMama or anyone? ? You guys are so helpful and I know every bully is different.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triggerSnores View Post
    So after being on 2 bags of fromm game bird Winston is now another yeast farm. ... he instantly looked better on game bird from the beef. Within 2 days! ! His cysts on paws went away, eye gunk looked much better, stopped licking paws Etc. Now. .... 2 small bags later eyes awful, ear infection in one ear, cysts back. poor baby. Rolling all over the place to scratch his back. Back to vet, back on all his meds. Vet not sure if it's food or immune. Recommending trying another fromm. We have done the fish, the beef and now the game bird. Any ideas @2BullyMama or anyone? ? You guys are so helpful and I know every bully is different.

Pork and Peas? That worked best for Banks and a few others.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triggerSnores View Post
    You could be running in to what we have with Harlea. After a few days on a new protein she would look great and then get all itchy and irritated a few days later no matter which Fromm's we gave her. What we discovered after switching to THK is that it isn't so much what protein she get that causes her issues it was the amount of each protein she received each day that was the problem. The only exception to this for us is with lamb as she breaks out regardless of the amount she has.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    You could be running in to what we have with Harlea. After a few days on a new protein she would look great and then get all itchy and irritated a few days later no matter which Fromm's we gave her. What we discovered after switching to THK is that it isn't so much what protein she get that causes her issues it was the amount of each protein she received each day that was the problem. The only exception to this for us is with lamb as she breaks out regardless of the amount she has.
    Thank you. We found a food without peas in it, I have read many have trouble with that and so far that was the only ingredient in all we have tried. Your findings will definetly be something we look into. thank you so much. And you too @2BullyMama. So helpful. I really appreciate it.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Bentley was a very stinky boy when I brought him home. He had raised yeasty bump patches and bare patches. I changed him to Nutro sensitive skin and stomach. His skin showed some improvement but he continued to smell aweful. I tried him on a better quality food, Taste of the Wild Bison and Venison and he immediately got worse. Next I tried Blue Buffalo life protection lamb and brown rice. He improved from the TOTW but this was not much better than the Nutro. After giving it a chance without substantial improvement, I went to my local boutique pet supply store. They said I had been feeding "hot" proteins and that I should be feeding "cool" proteins. I tried him on Canidae pure sky. Right away, he seemed better but then he started rolling on his back. His eyes are getting goopy brown and he has dark brown tear stains. When I clean under his tail, I get the same color brown (not poop), and the same from his nose rope. And it's the same color as the food. Is that strange? I hate to keep changing his diet but I still don't think we've found "the one."
    Kalyn, mom to rescue boys:
    English Bulldog, DOB: March 3, 2010, rescued May 26, 2014
    American Cocker Spaniel, DOB: September 25, 2010, rescued June 1, 2011
    Domestic Shorthair Cat, DOB: November 2013, rescued December 6, 2017

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Bocephus is doing well right now on I and Love and You Nude food. He love the seafood one. The first few ingredients are:
    INGREDIENTS: cod,herring fish meal, lentils, garbanzo beans, menhaden fish meal, sweet potato, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), dried beet pulp, natural flavor, blueberries, apple, spinach, tomato, carrot, olive oil, brewers dried yeast, new zealand green mussel,
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

All the flavors of Fromm have been great for June EXCEPT the Lamb and Lentils. She got interdigital cysts. Going to try again with a small bag next time we buy food to confirm it was that food specifically...

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

I said yes. But she has those dreaded tear stains still. We do Earthborn holistic Coastal catch. She loves it. Her tear stains look horrible though.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Douglas
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Yes, at least for now, I hope. Blossom has always been allergic to chicken, salmon, and sensitive to corn and grains since a puppy, we had to switch her food 4 times before we found Fromm's Beef Frittata, and we had been feeding this food for the last 2 years, but then she started showing some signs of allergy symptoms to the beef, not as bad as when she was on chicken or salmon, but she was licking her paws a lot, and was a little pink, but it was Dozer who showed the most allergy symptoms. He had never had any food or allergy issues, but he started to lick his paws excessively to the point that his paws were soggy, and they had changed to a reddish colour, I suspect it was the start of yeast, because his paw pads were a little yellow, and his ears smelled a little sour. He didn't have a ear infection or redness in his ears,but he was scratching. The thing I noticed the most was that he was shedding excessively, I had a dust pan everyday. From him, and when I pet him, his fur was flying in the air, also he had goopy eyes. I switched them both to Fromm's Lamb and Lentil about 3 months ago, and so far they are it's doing well on it. I hope they continue to tolerate it, because I'm running out of protein sources. I'm wondering if being on the same protein (beef) for two years caused an intolerance?
    That's funny you mention how all of a sudden your bully started getting yeasty from the beef, when mine too did out of the blue. He's been on the beef fromm forever with no issues. Tear stains started rapidly appearing. I'm too thinking of switching to the lamb.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads