Daily poll: Have you ever used a shock collar on your bully?

Have you ever used a shock collar on your bully?

• yes

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • no

Votes: 36 92.3%

• Total voters

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you ever used a shock collar on your bulldog?
attachment.php

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Never have, never will. In my opinion they are inhumane.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It was our training tool with Banks.... she is overly dominate and when in that 'red zone' there was no breaking or controling her. Once she knew what the collar was, all we had to do was place it on her and not use the 'pulse', she just stayed in line. Now, 6 yrs laster, it is not really necessary since we remained consistent and firm with her training

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
When we were at our wits end with The Bru man, we bought one. Everyone in the family had to put it on and have a shock before I allowed it to be placed on my baby boy. So anyway, we put it on him and after the first shock, the look on his face was so heartbreaking, I returned it to the store immediately and never used on again. We tried more conventional ways of training and I think it has worked out ok.

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
I believe they are banned here in the UK I'm not 100%. But on uk forums people go on a witch hunt when u mention shock collar. But no I haven't used one

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Luckily I have never had to use one w/any of our dogs… yet!!! Lol

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
It was our training tool with Banks.... she is overly dominate and when in that 'red zone' there was no breaking or controling her. Once she knew what the collar was, all we had to do was place it on her and not use the 'pulse', she just stayed in line. Now, 6 yrs laster, it is not really necessary since we remained consistent and firm with her training

It really is a wonderful training AID if used correctly. I say aid because that is all it is. You train and use the collar to remind.
I tried it on myself, using all the settings before selecting one for my dog (not any of the bulldogs, but a yapping little yorkie I had a while back that was about to get me kicked out) Anyway, the setting i chose did not hurt, only vibrated. It worked like a charm. I had another dog one that was no candidate at all for that type of collar. If it hurts the dog it is useless. He would get used to the high level and go on acting aggressive. Its not for all dogs, but a godsend for the few that it benefits.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It really is a wonderful training AID if used correctly. I say aid because that is all it is. You train and use the collar to remind.
I tried it on myself, using all the settings before selecting one for my dog (not any of the bulldogs, but a yapping little yorkie I had a while back that was about to get me kicked out) Anyway, the setting i chose did not hurt, only vibrated. It worked like a charm. I had another dog one that was no candidate at all for that type of collar. If it hurts the dog it is useless. He would get used to the high level and go on acting aggressive. Its not for all dogs, but a godsend for the few that it benefits.

Exactly

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
[MENTION=10206]agentbunny[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
Would you also try a cattle prod before using it in a mooo cow ? Lol [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] controversial thread man but it shows were all different.
Surly there's 1000's of better ways to teach your pets right from wrong.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.