Daily poll: Have you ever used a shock collar on your bully?

Have you ever used a shock collar on your bully?

• yes

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • no

Votes: 36 92.3%

• Total voters

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
No but I do understand 'the red zone' Bank's mom speaks of cause Karly is like that - I have to constantly tell her not to do things like pee in the house! She's like a ninja and will go pee on the carpet then get mad cause I won't let her upstairs. She's the type to run off but if I tell her not to do that before going out off leash she'll do pretty good you just have to keep reminding her. She's much more wild than Nigel but she's come a long way since the early years. We'll be going on 3 years in Dec / Jan.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
@agentbunny @2BullyMama
Would you also try a cattle prod before using it in a mooo cow ? Lol @dolphin controversial thread man but it shows were all different.
Surly there's 1000's of better ways to teach your pets right from wrong.

LOL [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION], of course not! cattle prods emit electricity. I used the collar that vibrated. To each his own and I agree that it should be a last resort, and absolutely NEVER on a low confidence dog, as it will make that dog even more skittish. I don't think this thread is controversial, unless someone makes it so. We are here to share our experiences and learn from the experiences of others right?

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
LOL [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION], of course not! cattle prods emit electricity. I used the collar that vibrated. To each his own and I agree that it should be a last resort, and absolutely NEVER on a low confidence dog, as it will make that dog even more skittish. I don't think this thread is controversial, unless someone makes it so. We are here to share our experiences and learn from the experiences of others right?

We live and learn.
I v just learned you've use something that vibrates on your dog. Lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@agentbunny @2BullyMama
Would you also try a cattle prod before using it in a mooo cow ? Lol @dolphin controversial thread man but it shows were all different.
Surly there's 1000's of better ways to teach your pets right from wrong.

too each his own.... BTW, how is the shock collar any difference from an electric fence? Just sayin.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
too each his own.... BTW, how is the shock collar any difference from an electric fence? Just sayin.

Ooooo tetchy,
Would you put one on your kids??? Just asking

Oh and btw I wouldn't use and electric fence either mainly because I train my dogs properly

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I'm a wimp on things like this. Although my 30 wedding anniversary is coming up might be a good gift for the little lady... But never on the boys.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
shock.jpg

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
I haven't, but in my mind, they are like spurs for a horse...there is a time and a place when they are appropriate. That being said, I have never used spurs either. I don't feel I am qualified enough to know when either of those tools is appropriate, or how to use them properly. Misusing "tools" like these can do far more damage than good.
It used to be that I didn't really know how to deal with poor behaviour in dogs....my best friend is teaching me that a LOT of bad behaviour stems from lack of exercise or stimulation. Even though it's only once a week and a few minutes of "refersher" work each day, the agility keeps Tia busy. Mental exhaustion is just as productive as physical exhaustion, so now, if she is being a sh*thead, I work on teaching her a silly trick, like "roll over" or "wave bye bye". It's working really well, and keeps me from getting frustrated with her.

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Controversial thread.
I have not, but if I thought it would do a better job in training, and I knew the proper way to use it and I was convinced there is no pain involved, I would. People do not like pinch collars either, but I had to use one on my previous bully. She was great, but could not walk properly on a leash(yes...we tried many things).
We like to think of these dogs as family members and they are....but they are not humans. It is impossible to raise them like our children and I would not try to teach, train, or raise my children the way we do our dogs.

Imagine giving a treat to your toddler for learning to say "Mama" or for taking 1st steps.....

I would not do anything to my dogs or children that I would consider painful and I certainly would avoid things that could hurt them psychologically.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Controversial thread.
I have not, but if I thought it would do a better job in training, and I knew the proper way to use it and I was convinced there is no pain involved, I would. People do not like pinch collars either, but I had to use one on my previous bully. She was great, but could not walk properly on a leash(yes...we tried many things).
We like to think of these dogs as family members and they are....but they are not humans. It is impossible to raise them like our children and I would not try to teach, train, or raise my children the way we do our dogs.

Imagine giving a treat to your toddler for learning to say "Mama" or for taking 1st steps.....

I would not do anything to my dogs or children that I would consider painful and I certainly would avoid things that could hurt them psychologically.

When your kid takes his/her first steps and or say his/her first word we are overjoyed, we became excited, we cheer them on. That in effect is a "treat". We encourage them- like positive reinforcement. If i have a kid, raising my fur and skin kid would pretty much have the same upbrigining. In a sense that they would both have limitations, both would be disciplined, both would have respect, both have to be "trained"...only difference would be HOW to train the two. But that's just me and Anyways i digress lol.

Electric collar is banned here Germany. Nope i haven't and i wouldn't use electric collar on my boy. I, however, would consider using the vibrating collar, just to snap Bifi from his mojo when it comes to humping all females and all neutered males he meets.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I have an electric fence for the dogs. It does have a beep only setting and then 10 different levels of shock. They were both trained on where their boundaries are. I love the fence and it keeps my boys safe.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.