Daily Poll: What is your pet peeve when it comes to your bulldog's hygiene?

What is your pet peeve when it comes to your bulldog's hygiene? (you may select more than one)

• cleaning wrinkles

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • bum wipes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • the smell

• keeping the ears clean

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • giving them a bath

• other

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
question6.jpg

Daily Poll 1-15-2010: What is your pet peeve when it comes to your bulldog's hygiene?

Last edited:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I have a really good sniffer and am somewhat sensitive to smell so I marked smell. Mack loves taking a bath, Ruggles not so much. Mack doesn't require regular wrinkle cleaning, Ruggles does. I put off brushing them, especially in the winter, because it is cold.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I also have a very good sniffer, Even though Vegas is on an excellent food, I wash his face religiously every night, EVERY single day his face smells sour to me!!! That my friends is my BIGGEST pet peeve!!!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i don't mind the wrinkle cleaning nightly. it's one on one time i get with Bullet (please keep in mind i've only had him two weeks lol). i do NOT like clipping his nails. i'm confident in most anything else i need to do but i have such a fear of hurting him or my other dog, that i never get them clipped well and they tend to snag things. blah.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we do a nightly cleaning of face and ears. lex loves bath time in the summer but will run from me when i say the word bath in the winter time lol... we just started trimming his nails at the house (due to that bad experience at petsmart) and lex has done awesome he just lays on the floor in front of me and lets me have his paws. he is alot clamer than he was when we took him to petsmart, i thought he hated them being done lol

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I don't like giving Samson a bath because once he realizes it's bath times he goes "dead weight," carrying him to the tub when he does that hurts my back and so does having to lift him out. Then I have to clean the tub. Bath time is the biggest hassle of it all if you ask me.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yep, bath time is the biggest "chore". But she smells so good afterwards that if it wasn't such a chore and didn't take so long to dry she would get one everyday. As it is every other week sometimes isn't enough, but I put it off to that most of the time.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I have to agree with nails also... she's still so little so I'm sure down the road I'll find something else that she rebels against...right now it's the nails :curse:

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
When you love a bullie it's not a peeve it's just your way of saying thanks to the 100% unconditional love that they return to you. Sooooooo, I have no peeves just a few little love jobs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.