Poll: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less money on your bulldog?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Poll: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less money on your bulldog?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Daily Poll: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less money on your bulldog?

1-14-2010: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less on your bulldog?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less money on your bulldog?

I will still spend the same on all my dogs... Even though things are tuff we got each and everyone of our animals because we choose to give them a life and love them as our kids... Nothing will change lol...

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less money on your bulldog?

We have had to cut corners on other things, but not on our dogs.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Will meet all of Vegas's needs, His special food, Vet when needed, his special treats, getting his nails dremmeled, and of course all the toys and costumes I buy him. Joe complains every time we go spend $65. on his food but if you break it down a bag last him 6-7 weeks that is $10. a week, I spend almost more than that a day on ciggs. (YES I KNOW... I AM BAD I SMOKE ) If we need to cut corners it will be personally, Not with Vegas.

Shame on whoever said that they would spend LESS on their bulldog because of the economy. You chose to purchase/adopt an English Bulldog so you SHOULD have known what that entails (ie. special foods, vet bills, etc.).

My 6 Bulldogs will not know there is a problem with the economy. They will receive the same healthy food, diet supplements, treats, vet visits. I will look for deals on their monthly meds (heart worm, flea/tick). I just ordered these online at PetCareRX...they were offering a 20% discount and free shipping. Prices were good too. Add it up for a year....a $300+ discount for a year's worth of meds is GREAT!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

More for me but I have two now!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

We are on a fixed income, but we do fine. The dogs will get the same care they've been getting. If we have to cut corners it won't be where they are concerned.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Times are rough but the most expensive thing I get him is his food and now both my dogs are on it and that won't change, knock on wood. I'll cut out stuff in the food budget for us first, lol.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

I fell the same about Dozer as I do my human kids. If I have to get a second job to provide for them then so be it. They will have everything they need and some of what they want with in reason. We always have and always will find ways to work things out thankfully. @ marshahennessey I don't know who said it so i cannot speak directly for them but my guess is that the person who said they would be spending less probably isn't talking about food or vet costs. If their dogs gets one less hoodie or chew toy I think that is reasonable . You can only give as much as your pocketbook allows but everyone on this forum that I have encountered would never fail to provide anything necessary for the health and wellbeing of their dogs, so not worries

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

We have a weekly budget and Silvas needs (some wants) are included!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes but not on anything important. I stopped buying random treats, we are sticking to the fruits and veggies because they are cheaper. Other than that everything is the same.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

We probably spend more. Hubby and I were always getting layed off so there was no room for any special treats with Cassie and Gunner. Now we've gotten pretty good jobs and aren't too concerned with losing them any time soon so Belly is getting lots of new things to see what she does best on.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads