Daily Poll: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less money on your bulldog?

Given the current economic situation, will you spend less money on your bulldog?

• Yes, I will be spending less due to less income.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No, I will probably spend more!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I will spend the same amount of money

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
question2.jpg

1-14-2010: Given the current economic situation, will you spend less on your bulldog?

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I will still spend the same on all my dogs... Even though things are tuff we got each and everyone of our animals because we choose to give them a life and love them as our kids... Nothing will change lol...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Will meet all of Vegas's needs, His special food, Vet when needed, his special treats, getting his nails dremmeled, and of course all the toys and costumes I buy him. Joe complains every time we go spend $65. on his food but if you break it down a bag last him 6-7 weeks that is $10. a week, I spend almost more than that a day on ciggs. (YES I KNOW... I AM BAD I SMOKE :barf:) If we need to cut corners it will be personally, Not with Vegas.

marshahennessey

Sep 3, 2010
Shame on whoever said that they would spend LESS on their bulldog because of the economy. You chose to purchase/adopt an English Bulldog so you SHOULD have known what that entails (ie. special foods, vet bills, etc.).

My 6 Bulldogs will not know there is a problem with the economy. They will receive the same healthy food, diet supplements, treats, vet visits. I will look for deals on their monthly meds (heart worm, flea/tick). I just ordered these online at PetCareRX...they were offering a 20% discount and free shipping. Prices were good too. Add it up for a year....a $300+ discount for a year's worth of meds is GREAT!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
We are on a fixed income, but we do fine. The dogs will get the same care they've been getting. If we have to cut corners it won't be where they are concerned.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Times are rough but the most expensive thing I get him is his food and now both my dogs are on it and that won't change, knock on wood. I'll cut out stuff in the food budget for us first, lol.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I fell the same about Dozer as I do my human kids. If I have to get a second job to provide for them then so be it. They will have everything they need and some of what they want with in reason. We always have and always will find ways to work things out thankfully. @ marshahennessey I don't know who said it so i cannot speak directly for them but my guess is that the person who said they would be spending less probably isn't talking about food or vet costs. If their dogs gets one less hoodie or chew toy I think that is reasonable . You can only give as much as your pocketbook allows but everyone on this forum that I have encountered would never fail to provide anything necessary for the health and wellbeing of their dogs, so not worries :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yes but not on anything important. I stopped buying random treats, we are sticking to the fruits and veggies because they are cheaper. Other than that everything is the same.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We probably spend more. Hubby and I were always getting layed off so there was no room for any special treats with Cassie and Gunner. Now we've gotten pretty good jobs and aren't too concerned with losing them any time soon so Belly is getting lots of new things to see what she does best on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online