Daily poll: Do you have Bully insurance?

Do you have Bully insurance?

• Yes (Which carrier?)

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • No but I do have an account set aside for emergency

Votes: 13 19.7%

• Total voters

twopolaks11

May 31, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel Rose
I got pet insurance for Hazel when we adopted her and I am so glad we did! It was part of the negotiation with my husband because his reason for not wanting to adopt her was because "they have so many health problems." Well, she was really healthy the first 6 months we had her but since turning one, she's started with allergies and even had seizures (due to a steroid the vet put her on). We hit our deductible of $250 within two urgent care visits and now everything is paid for until the end of the year. It's $48 per month with Nationwide.

mgnipp16

Apr 28, 2018
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hazel
Have Nationwide, haven't had to use it yet but have well-check insurance as well so will be turning in her recently well visit.

TheCarGuy

Jul 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I'm debating between healthy paw which is about 95 a month for 90% 500deduc and unlimited per year or best pet which comes with a wellness plan with it. Harley is 8 weeks so I'm hoping she clears with vet when I take her in.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have Nationwide. Jax is on the Whole Pet with Wellness at $100 a month with 90% paid after $250 deductible. And of course with his two recent surgeries, I have already met the deductible. Louie has just the major medical at about $35 a month and $250 deductible.

BellyRubs

Jun 7, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabelle
No insurance for our Annabelle. Sheā€™s 2 years old and has had a few vet visits mostly for eating stuff she shouldnā€™t. My wife and I just couldnā€™t justify the cost. Paying 600 or 800 dollars per year is a waste of money in our book after you consider all the excluded things in those policies. We keep plenty of money aside for our girl just in case something extra bad happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
No insurance for our Annabelle. Sheā€™s 2 years old and has had a few vet visits mostly for eating stuff she shouldnā€™t. My wife and I just couldnā€™t justify the cost. Paying 600 or 800 dollars per year is a waste of money in our book after you consider all the excluded things in those policies. We keep plenty of money aside for our girl just in case something extra bad happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to question spending money on insurance but last year my French Bulldog got diagnosed with IVDD and has had 3 surgeries in just under a year. In just that time, Iā€™ve had over $22,000 in vet costs so I am glad I had it as I sure donā€™t have that kind of money laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanks dad

Oct 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Healthy Paws is great for English Bulldog because covers all health ailments.
I chose best coverage at 90% covered and a $100 yearly deductible and pay $38/m. / you can do a lower % and higher deductibles for a lower monthly premium but the difference wasnā€™t worth it.

Dakster

Jan 15, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dak
We have ASCPA insurance since we just adopted a bulldog. $723 per year seemed reasonable.

Dakster

Jan 15, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dak
Healthy Paws is great for English Bulldog because covers all health ailments.
I chose best coverage at 90% covered and a $100 yearly deductible and pay $38/m. / you can do a lower % and higher deductibles for a lower monthly premium but the difference wasnā€™t worth it.

How did you get such insurancer that cheap?

ebmagtoto

May 5, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maui and Moana
Yes, I have Nationwide. I work for Kaiser Permanente and itā€™s part of our benefits to have benefits for our pets as well, which I think is AWESOME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
We have Nationwide for Stella.

We were told her Spay was not covered at 6 months because she had to be over a year old.. They would also not cover her Nares and pallet because they said it was elective.
We have submitted bills every time she sees the vet.. they have paid maybe 25% of it. That's a strong maybe.

We purchased within a week of getting her. We will be using it when she has her luxating patellas done. We verified and they will cover half of the $6k surgery.
That alone will be worth it!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.