Daily poll: Do you clean your bully's ears?

Do you clean your bully's ears?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 38 97.4%
  • I have someone do it for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I use Malacetic Otic Cleanser for ears on Elmo, I put several drops in his ears and he shakes his head, then I wipe out the rest with a cotton ball. This is a great ear cleaner for dogs and cats, I have used this for many years on my other dogs, they have never had ear infections or bacteria in their ears.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
The vet gave us some antifungal ear cleaner to use once per week. At our first visit she showed me how to use it and got giant chunks of yellow/brown goo from Buttercup's ears. Apparently she has had chronic untreated ear infections for some time as prior owner did not pursue regular veterinary care. I used the ear cleaner a week later and got no yellow goo, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if her anti-fungal ear drops are working (crosses fingers).

Are the malacetic acid wipes better than diluted apple cider vinegar (acetic acid) for ears and other yeast-prone body parts? I see they also have borax and hydrocortisone as well as some inactive ingredients.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
yes with cleanser from the vet I check everyday if need cleaning I clean

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We clean them maybe once a month, or when they need it. Usually just wipe them out with an unscented baby wipe, or witch hazel on a cotton ball. If they are really diry or have some gunk far down we will wash them out with Malacetic Otic.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Weekly.
We use a cotton ball soaked in Malactic Otic. squeeze cotton ball in ear, wipe inside ear with cotton, while massaging right under ear. He then shakes the excess out.

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes. It was frequent when Jake had ear infection that was not going away with antibiotic. Then I used the TrizUltra +Keto and it went away. Now I just use it once a week.

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Bentley actually loves his ears to be cleaned...3-4 times a week or as needed, I use a wipe to clean his ears, face and in between his paws! Then go back with a rag to make sure they are dry and no moisture is left!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Punkin needs to have his ears cleaned every couple of days. After many visits and discussion with the vet, we're unsure why they get dirty so quickly. It's great that he loves getting his ears cleaned, though.

Stiggy rarely needs to be cleaned. But he does get jealous and wait his turn when he sees us cleaning Punkin's.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.