Poll: Have you ever taken your bully on a road trip?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daily poll: Have you ever taken your bully on a road trip?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willie G, Winston (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily poll: Have you ever taken your bully on a road trip?

Willie G goes wherever we go

Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Bentley is my road bubby- we have been from San Diego CA to Norfolk Va , Norfolk Va to NJ and Virginia to Florida

- - - Updated - - -

Bentley is my road bubby- we have been from San Diego CA to Norfolk Va , Norfolk Va to NJ and Virginia to Florida

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)

Yes! She is a fabulous traveler! She has traveled from the Central Coast of CA to Chico to drop my son off at school and to San Diego to visit my daughter. She takes over the entire back seat and doesn't usually say a word, which is very unusual for her. She loves to look out the windows to watch what is going by. Lulu is an absolute dream traveler! I wish everyone was so easy to travel with!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

We took Charley to Yellowstone and back (western WA). He did stay at a kennel while we visited the park, but he thoroughly enjoyed the sites, smells and sounds along the way. We got him a kurgo harness and seatbelt tether to be sure he was safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

We tooK Raven out to the poconos twice. She is a bit of an iffy traveler so we haven't taken any long drives since. I need to get her comfortable. I have to see how Tyson does. Hoping she does better now that we have him and she has company in the car.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member mc68mc's Avatar
    Real Name
    Robert McCray
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
    Likes (Received)

April does good on land or water -she really likes to put on her lifejacket and cruise up and down the Missouri and Osage river - and she willgo anywhere by car or truck

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)

Daphnee has 23 states and over 20k miles under her collar... From Jeckyl Island, GA to Bar Harbor, ME and every state in between on the East Coast. Farthest west was Green Bay.. Has been in a cab in Chicago, the tram to Jay's Peak, a sight seeing boat in Bar Harbor.. She's been to/in over 30 breweries and wineries. So, yeah I guess..

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Blue does very well. We've done the NYC to Florida drive three times and he just sleeps most of the way.

Wellie hasn't been in the car for longer than 3 hours at a time but he does fine. Will see how he does next time we drive down to Fl.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Mabel does very well. As much as my mother loves staying with her, I missed her terribly this weekend and will probably take her with us next time.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

We just did 5000 miles round trip from the Midwest to West Coast. The first leg was a learning experience as it turns out Buttercup doesn't see fit to urinate on non-grass/non-snow surfaces, so instead she will choose her blanket over these. We spent the night at a pet-friendly La Quinta hotel with rocks and cacti, at which point she peed on a second blanket we gave her to sleep on. Thankfully the hotel had laundry facilities and we had brought her unscented detergent. After we figured out her need for grass we aggressively scoured the roads for even tiny patches of grass, which was more difficult but not impossible to find in Arizona and the Mojave desert. We also took her on at least a small walk / potty break at every stop -- which were at least every 2 hours as I needed to empty my bladder or stretch my legs, too. No more blanket pee episodes after that.

Buttercup doesn't readily drink water so I offered her water from a squeeze bottle (used a big Buffalo Wild Wings To Go bowl to catch drips) at most stops after I saw just how concentrated her urine was on the blankets.

I wanted to try the Sleepypod ClickIt harness but didn't have time to order before the trip, so instead we tried a
    Kurgo tether with her regular Julius K9 IDC harness. The tether seemed to work ok at first but she managed to get out of her harness multiple times even after we adjusted it. The tether also got excessively twisted up due to her efforts to move around. So we stopped using it as her wriggling out of the harness seemed like it had potential to cause injury. We will try again with a real seatbelt harness or get the Sleepypod next.

We also used this Solvit Sta-Put Deluxe Hammock Pet Seat Cover with her blankie, which worked pretty well to protect the seats and keep her from falling behind the seats, which has been a major problem in the past. I anticipate future need for repair of the stitching straps that wrap around the seat head cushions, but we really liked this product for the total 5000 miles we drove with it.

All in all, Buttercup tolerated the drive very well and our family adored meeting her and having her in their home. It was worth the effort to pack all of her necessities and the extra time at each stop to take care of her needs. It makes me sad that we will probably never have the time to repeat the experience as we spent a total of 7 days/nights driving.

Real Name
    Chas
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pickle
    Likes (Received)

We have only gone about 2 hours at the most and she does well. My car on the other hand winds up full of slobber and hair. I do cover her seat but but it still seems to get everywhere. But that's worth it to have her with me.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Yes but the longest was 45 minutes away to see my parents. Everything else is within 15 minutes. We've put a blanket down but some how he moves it. We haven't purchased a doggy seat belt yet. Instead we use the cars seat belt and slide it thru his harness. Chubbs doesn't like it but it's safer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads